User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A/C blower on all the time (clock not set)

Some of the Dometic things have some really wonky user interfaces. Lost some time this weekend when we couldn't get the bedroom A/C fan to turn off. We had just hooked up and we were trying to get things warm since it's only barely above freezing out (it's kinda rough trying to get things warmed up when one zone is blasting cold air). The thermostat mode was set to off for the whole program, the temp was set plenty high, too, but it kept on cranking out cold air. Tried power cycling, fan speed changes, mode changes, program changes, and nothing would turn it off except powering off the whole thermostat (which obviously turns off the furnace, too). Only other thing I could think of was yanking the fuse. It was then I noticed the thermostat clock wasn't set. It wasn't blinking, just some dashes on the screen. I set the clock and voila, everything resolved. Weird. Kind of a facepalm, I guess. But it shouldn't have mattered, as the primary zone in furnace mode was working fine, and my 'programs' were the same. If anything, it should default to off... Or there should be some large print caveats that tell you the clock has to be set to achieve proper function. Anyway, just thought I'd share.
    2016 Solitude 377MB
    2016 Ram 3500 4x4 DRW

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the winter time I leave my air conditioner breakers off so they don't "accidentally" come on.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Need to set fan setting to "auto".
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCR GD View Post
    In the winter time I leave my air conditioner breakers off so they don't "accidentally" come on.
    That's a good idea, I will probably start doing that as well. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Need to set fan setting to "auto".
    Trust me, I tried. Fan was on Auto, Off, and I even tried Low just to get it to slow down...but if the clock ain't set it just wants to go whole hog no matter what the settings are.
    2016 Solitude 377MB
    2016 Ram 3500 4x4 DRW

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it a standard Dometic dual zone thermostat?

I have never set the clock on mine, and it works normally. Are you on the right zone to control the fan?
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Is it a standard Dometic dual zone thermostat?

I have never set the clock on mine, and it works normally. Are you on the right zone to control the fan?
    Yes, just the standard Dometic. It is wired strangely, though. Zone 2 is the main living area (where slide out 1 is), while zone 1 is the bedroom (with slide out 2 of course). The main living area (zone 2) works exactly as you would expect, it reacts to the settings on the thermostat regardless of if a program has been set or not. Zone 1 is the freak show. If I thought it would be easy I would switch the zone numbers around to be consistent...but it's not annoying enough (yet) to be worth the effort. Obviously it has been programmed, as when I cycle through the options it doesn't even list 'furnace' as a mode, so at some point somebody told it exactly what capabilities were in each zone. During troubleshooting I was hesitant to do a factory reset on it for fear of losing that info, as I don't know if the comes from manual configuration or as inferred from the wiring and connections.

One guess, though, if I had never set a program at all, then maybe it would just work of the current wall setting? Since I had set one previously, maybe it has to have the clock set? Might make sense. Do you have a program set on yours?
    2016 Solitude 377MB
    2016 Ram 3500 4x4 DRW

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, I do not run programs.

To successfully run programs, you will need to have the clock set or it will never know when to start and stop the programming.

I never set the clocks because I never run programs.
    [email protected]
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, precisely. Unfortunately I can't unset a program without a factory reset, and there does seem to be long-term memory that maintains across battery disconnects. (Had some trouble getting it going on day one which is how the program got set in the first place.) Maybe one day when I'm bored I'll factory reset it and see what happens. Going back to the original problem, it baffles me why it is set up this way. If restoring power either default to 12:00 or default to off, right? Defaulting to full fan is just nutty. That being said, still not sure if it's just my unit's wiring or that's how they all work...
    2016 Solitude 377MB
    2016 Ram 3500 4x4 DRW