User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by acadiaforever View Post
    Any updates on this thread? It's been a while. I want to replace my VanTrue N2. Based on this thread, I'm looking at the Rexing V1 3rd gen, 4K with up to 256GB storage. But I'm very open to other recommendations.

Thanks,
    -Al
    This is the one we have in both our vehicles. Quite spendy, but it is a great camera. I really like the fact that I can control teh camera from my smart phone and even download to it on the spot. Another great feature is with an internet connection (Onstar in the truck is a mobile hotspot) I can upload videos to the cloud, even remotely using my smart phone. I can also live view and talk/listen to whoever is in the truck.

https://www.rearviewsafety.com/safet...r750s-1ch.html

John
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LV Naturist View Post
    This is the one we have in both our vehicles. Quite spendy, but it is a great camera. I really like the fact that I can control teh camera from my smart phone and even download to it on the spot. Another great feature is with an internet connection (Onstar in the truck is a mobile hotspot) I can upload videos to the cloud, even remotely using my smart phone. I can also live view and talk/listen to whoever is in the truck.

https://www.rearviewsafety.com/safet...r750s-1ch.html

John
    Hi, John

Thanks for the recommendation. Sounds like a really nice camera, but I'm afraid it is a bit too pricey for me. Going to go ahead and order the one in my post.
    Have a great camping season.
    -Al
    Al and Kathe
    House: Bass Harbor, Maine
    Home: Wherever we're parked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Highlighted states are those we have camped in for at least one night in our Solitude.
    2018 Solitude 310GK 110463 (Rhett) / 2018 F350 CC DRW 4x4 Lariat (Scarlett)
    Follow us: http://lobstersontheloose.com

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by acadiaforever View Post
    Hi, John

Thanks for the recommendation. Sounds like a really nice camera, but I'm afraid it is a bit too pricey for me. Going to go ahead and order the one in my post.
    Have a great camping season.
    -Al
    Understood! It's actually more of a commercial grade camera for trucking companies and such, but after my Jeep accident where the other party convinced her attorney I ran the light (even though I had multiple witnesses and she was cited by NHP) we decided to spare no expense. In a sense she paid for the cameras when we prevailed in a mid-5 figure settlement. TMI, I know... Safe travels!

John
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had a cheap dash cam, not worth the frustration and flakey performance. Upgraded to blackvue last year and love it! Excellent picture quality, great low light performance, easy to use. Www.blackvue.com, they are available on amazon and have many different models from basic one camera recording to sd to front and rear with wifi and cloud features.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all - I too am looking at dash cams and stumbled on this thread. Can someone educate me on the function? Are they configured to just turn on automatically when the ignition is on? Or do you need to hit a "record" button every time you hit the road? Thanks!
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbsah View Post
    Hi all - I too am looking at dash cams and stumbled on this thread. Can someone educate me on the function? Are they configured to just turn on automatically when the ignition is on? Or do you need to hit a "record" button every time you hit the road? Thanks!
    Correct. They are either hard-wired into your vehicle or connect via the 12v cig adapter. They come on with your car and turn off with your car - recording automatically.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have some experience now that I have been running dashcams in my vehicles for nearly 3 years now. I have 2 brands of camera that I very highly recommend, BlackVue and Thinkware. I have purchased my dashcams from https://www.blackboxmycar.com - Great prices, great service and fast shipping.

My very first Thinkware camera is still working great, never removed from the windshield except moving from an old vehicle to a new one. Has an awesome picture, and pretty great night vision.

Here are a couple videos from my old Thinkware for your enjoyment!
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/Q2uo7gNKLzc5UvAd6

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123