User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lighting Issues

Dmc4u

Lighting Issues

It's nice to have a place to chat about our Grand Design products.
    My hubby and I are long time Motor-homers (20+ yrs) and have been in our Solitude for about 2 months and LOVE it! I'm just wondering...is anyone else having problem with their lights? In this short period of time we've had several go out....hmmm.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Lighting Issues

We haven't had a problem with any interior lights but there are probably 10 lights that have burned out already in the awning. We plan to report as warranty issue in the fall when we take it to dealer for winterizing.
    Tom & Nancy
    Newport, MI
    369RL, #302

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Team
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

For us, we have had two intermittent lights in the living room/kitchen area, and then two that are dead, one over the love seat and one in the hallway. That's after two trips. I have none of the LED's out on my awning.
    Ct..

[quote author=Dmc4u link=topic=3.msg3#msg3 date=1378155925]
    It's nice to have a place to chat about our Grand Design products.
    My hubby and I are long time Motor-homers (20+ yrs) and have been in our Solitude for about 2 months and LOVE it! I'm just wondering...is anyone else having problem with their lights? In this short period of time we've had several go out....hmmm.
    [/quote]
    Chris Tretta
    Albuquerque, NM

2013 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4 6.7L Cummins
    2019 Grand Design 385GK
    2014 Grand Design 369RL - Sold
    Class A CDL, Doubles/Triples, Hazmat and Tanker endorsements

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had probelms with my LED ligths also. One over the dining table flickering.
    Two others in Living room and Bathroom falling out when moving.
    The light that are out on your camper might be the same, led falling out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have also had a few lights go out and some just flicker. I take them out of the socket and found that the prongs on them were loose. I adjusted the two prongs a little very carefully, put them back in and they work fine. I have also found some are loose in the socket. After putting them back in they work fine. I do not have lights on the awning. I also thought one was burned out but it was just loose probably from traveling. I think they vibrate while traveling. I really like the LED lights because the battery lasts a lot longer. I have not had any bulbs yet that are actually dead.

Debby - Stafford, Virginia
    2017 Grand Design Solitude ST374TH
    2012 GMC Denali 3500HD DRW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dchrist., thanks for the idea of just having loose prongs on the lights. I'll check that on mine.

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Site Team
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Hi, welcome to the forum! How did you remove the lights? I haven't tried yet.
    Thanks
    Ct..

[quote author=dchrist1733 link=topic=3.msg46#msg46 date=1378684782]
    I have also had a few lights go out and some just flicker. I take them out of the socket and found that the prongs on them were loose. I adjusted the two prongs a little very carefully, put them back in and they work fine. I have also found some are loose in the socket. After putting them back in they work fine. I do not have lights on the awning. I also thought one was burned out but it was just loose probably from traveling. I think they vibrate while traveling. I really like the LED lights because the battery lasts a lot longer. I have not had any bulbs yet that are actually dead.
    [/quote]
    Chris Tretta
    Albuquerque, NM

2013 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4 6.7L Cummins
    2019 Grand Design 385GK
    2014 Grand Design 369RL - Sold
    Class A CDL, Doubles/Triples, Hazmat and Tanker endorsements

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have only been out twice and so far lights work okay. The light in the pantry never did work and is on our repair list. Their are two on/off switches under the cabinet next to the refridgerator and the back one doesn't turn anything on or off, does anyone know what this switch is for? I'm thinking maybe the pantry, but since the light is burned out I can't tell.
    Jeff & Cathy K - Dayton, NV
    2017 Grand Design Solitude 384GK #TBD
    2016 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD 4x4 SRW

Dmc4u

[quote author=Jeff K link=topic=3.msg57#msg57 date=1378940059]
    We have only been out twice and so far lights work okay. The light in the pantry never did work and is on our repair list. Their are two on/off switches under the cabinet next to the refridgerator and the back one doesn't turn anything on or off, does anyone know what this switch is for? I'm thinking maybe the pantry, but since the light is burned out I can't tell.
    [/quote]
    Are you talking about the 2 switches to the right of the fridge!
    If I remember correctly, one turns on the lights under those cabinets and above the counter tops and the other is what I like to call the "mood lightening" it turns on lights high above th cabinets, close to the ceiling.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, these switches are to the left of the fridge under the cabinet to the right of the microwave. I know the two you are talking about. We are taking it back to the dealer on the 23rd for a very long list of warranty repairs. I will find out what the heck it turns on and let you know.
    Jeff & Cathy K - Dayton, NV
    2017 Grand Design Solitude 384GK #TBD
    2016 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD 4x4 SRW

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast