Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Truck Questions - 2016 Ford f250 LB

Have a new F250 2016 LB pulling a 2016 29rs. The bed is not a true 8 feet like my old 1996. Can I assume this will be fine without a slider?
    Also, has anyone put a cargo box in the bed along with the hitch? Thanks
    Bradley & Glenna
    2016 29rs Reflection
    2016 Ford F250 - B&W Patriot 18k Slider

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you sure that you're referring to a long bed? According to the specs the short bed is 81.8" long and the long bed is 98" long. If you're asking if a Reflection can be towed by a Ford SB without a sliding hitch, I and many others have that set-up though you may want the security of a sliding hitch.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a short bed with a cargo box in front of my hitch. I don't have a slider and broke my rear window a couple of months ago. I've since replaced my hitch with a B&W set to the rear position. This gives me an additional 2". I've travelled thousands of miles without a sliding hitch and never had an issue until this year. I wasn't paying attention for a moment and lost a rear window.
    Some will say you need a slider and some say you don't. If you don't get a slider you must pay attention when you're on uneven ground or turning sharply.
    Here is my present setup. This is the maximum I can turn without a slider.
    Bob

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B&W hitch.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	50.8 KB 
ID:	6256

edit: not sure why my photos were rotated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20161029_125334[134].jpg   20161029_125329[136].jpg   20161029_125329[136] - Copy.jpg  
    2023 Reflection 150 Series 260RD
    2022 Ford F350 SRW CC 4X4 Lariat 6.7 camper package, B&W Companion RVK3300

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dave and Monica and Grampscamper thank you very much for your input it is comforting. I realize now I do have a SB. I do want the security of a slider and have elected to go with a B&W slider.
    Grampscamper, what make and model rail cargo box is that showing in your photo?
    Bradley & Glenna
    2016 29rs Reflection

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes if you have a short bed I believe a slider is a must (especially with our unit being 41' long). You may not need to slide it to the rear position that often but as the others pointed out before if you are in a tight space or uneven ground you may need it to maneuver. We have the B&W Companion slider and it works great. This hitch is manual and I like that I have control of the position of the hitch. I've never had an automatic model but believe I would not prefer that type of setup. I am also a big B&W fan as the quality is fantastic. I know the slider is more money but if you were ever to hit your cab or get pinned in between a couple of trees at a campground you will kick yourself for not having it! Good luck!
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Webmeister View Post
    Dave and Monica and Grampscamper thank you very much for your input it is comforting. I realize now I do have a SB. I do want the security of a slider and have elected to go with a B&W slider.
    Grampscamper, what make and model rail cargo box is that showing in your photo?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20161013_093638[247].jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	6258

I have a Delta cargo box. Not sure what the model number is. The box is 48" wide, 18" high and 20" deep. You may not want to go any deeper than 20" because the B&W release handle swings back towards the cab.
    You'll love the B&W hitch. It's very well made and receives very positive reviews.

edit: My cargo box would be similar to the one shown in this link. It's the third one down, 49" long. I see they've changed them slightly since I purchased mine.

http://www.autoanything.com/truck-to...A3336A0A0.aspx

Bob

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RVRunners View Post
    Yes if you have a short bed I believe a slider is a must (especially with our unit being 41' long). You may not need to slide it to the rear position that often but as the others pointed out before if you are in a tight space or uneven ground you may need it to maneuver. We have the B&W Companion slider and it works great. This hitch is manual and I like that I have control of the position of the hitch. I've never had an automatic model but believe I would not prefer that type of setup. I am also a big B&W fan as the quality is fantastic. I know the slider is more money but if you were ever to hit your cab or get pinned in between a couple of trees at a campground you will kick yourself for not having it! Good luck!
    Thank you RVRUNNERS, this is good news...keep on running
    Bradley & Glenna
    2016 29rs Reflection

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grampscamper, are you using a fifth wheel tailgate? If not will the OEM tailgate go down and allow to move the pin in and then lift the gate without hitting?
    Bradley & Glenna
    2016 29rs Reflection

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Webmeister View Post
    Grampscamper, are you using a fifth wheel tailgate? If not will the OEM tailgate go down and allow to move the pin in and then lift the gate without hitting?
    No I don't use a 5th wheel tailgate. I can leave the tailgate down and hookup without hitting. I can raise or lower the tailgate while hooked up with approximately 6" of clearance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I just have to get a new routine down is all...
    Bradley & Glenna
    2016 29rs Reflection

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast