Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reese Goosebox

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reese Goosebox

Hey All, New to the forum but been lurking around for a long time! Also been RVing for several years.

I have ordered a new Solitude 375RES and was wondering about everyones experience with the Reese Goosebox on the larger 5th wheels???

Trust me, I know all too well that the conventional gooseneck adapter is not good BUT the Reese Goosebox is supposedly approved for our rigs??

I have two flatbeds and a dump trailer that are all gooseneck (I have a B&W hitch) and I get VERY tired of "lifting" the dang B&W Companion in and out on a weekly basis.

Thanks everyone!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can not speak to the gooseneck, but I can preach with you about how heavy the B&W is...but rated for 20K I wouldn't have it any other way.

I did consider using the Andersen hitch http://www.andersenhitches.com/catal...onnection.aspx

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well the goosebox is also rated for 20k and has the air bag and shock like a Trail-Air....

Yea I work off and on for a equipment trailer dealership and we sell the Andersons, great products and GREAT family owned company but it's still something I have to take in and out of the truck.... lol

If the goosebox is not well received, I will stick with the companion. The Solitude with the hydraulic landing gear will make it easier when I get lazy and lift the hitch out with the trailer.... my current electric landing gear takes an eternity to use that method....

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have installed the Reese Goosebox for lots of folks.

We have them on a few of the 20k LB Momentums, so your 16500lb Solitude should be fine as well.

If you are going to use a gooseneck hitch, it is the way to go.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought about the goosebox as well, but couldn't find that much info, so went with the Andersen and love it for my 380th.
    Bud Leary
    2015 Momentum 380TH
    2017 F350 King Ranch Diesel
    Andersen Ultimate Aluminum Hitch
    Airlift Semi-Automatic Airbag System
    Yamaha Custom Electric Golf Cart with 6" Lift

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Goosebox on my 388M, I had it installed at the dealer before taking delivery so I can't compare it to anything else. But, I love it! Very convenient, I did not want to lose my truck bed or have to remove anything when not using the trailer. All I have to do is flip over the ball.
    Rides great in my opinion.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From a dealers perspective, or at least what is taught to us from a Sales perspective is that most "bolt on" Goose-neck adapters put too much flex and torque to frame and thus run the risk of voiding that fame manufacture's "LIPPERT" warranty, since the all bolt on directly to the collar of the king pin. However the REESE GOOSEBOX, which happens to also be built by LIPPERT or vice versa, is a complete Kingpin box replacement and complete removes the old one via the 6 threaded bolts.

This is supposedly the only one that will not flex and torque the frame, my dealer charges about 1500 installed for this item.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    We have installed the Reese Goosebox for lots of folks.

We have them on a few of the 20k LB Momentums, so your 16500lb Solitude should be fine as well.

If you are going to use a gooseneck hitch, it is the way to go.
    Have you had a Reflection with the Goosebox paired up with the new 17 Super Duty yet? If so how much clearance did you get above the frame rails? What about turning radius as well?
    Donald AKA johndeerefarmer
    2020 Ford F350 Powerstroke diesel
    2017 F150 ecoboost max tow
    2016 Reflection 29RS VIN# 573FR322XG3305717

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its looking like I will definitely order one.... I'm sure I will keep the companion but not having to lift that frickin thing in and out all the time will make me one happy camper! no pun intended! Lol

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johndeerefarmer View Post
    Have you had a Reflection with the Goosebox paired up with the new 17 Super Duty yet? If so how much clearance did you get above the frame rails? What about turning radius as well?
    well the goosebox appears to extend out just about as far as a standard pin box so turning shouldnt be an issue and it is still adjustable just like the standard box.... I have seen a few grand designs being pulled by 17 superdutys and the added height from the new trucks didnt seem to be an issue....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast