User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How Long Is Too Long In The Holding Tanks?

This question may spark some debate, but I'm wondering what the general consensus here is:

How long is it safe to store both fresh and waste water in the tanks before draining/refilling?

I'm not the type to care much about BPA and VOC and will gladly fill my water bottle with the garden hose when I'm working in the yard, but I also don't want my ignorant bliss to create any serious sanitation issues by not keeping the water tanks fresh enough. Our intent is to take my new Imagine 2650RK to our favorite hiking area every weekend (free dry camping), and if I can get away with circulating all the tanks every OTHER weekend instead of every single week, that'd save me a lot of energy for the trails.

Thoughts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by colbyscameron View Post
    This question may spark some debate, but I'm wondering what the general consensus here is:

How long is it safe to store both fresh and waste water in the tanks before draining/refilling?

I'm not the type to care much about BPA and VOC and will gladly fill my water bottle with the garden hose when I'm working in the yard, but I also don't want my ignorant bliss to create any serious sanitation issues by not keeping the water tanks fresh enough. Our intent is to take my new Imagine 2650RK to our favorite hiking area every weekend (free dry camping), and if I can get away with circulating all the tanks every OTHER weekend instead of every single week, that'd save me a lot of energy for the trails.

Thoughts?
    I have often gone a couple weeks without dumping or filling fresh water. Add a couple ounces of Clorox to fresh water
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem with fresh water is sanitation. I would drain for storage and sanitize when putting back into service. The concern with waste tanks - especially the black tank - is evaporation. The waste tanks are vented and in warm weather the water can evaporate leaving the solid waste behind - especially in the black tank. The "royal flush" is very important with the toilet... use PLENTY of water with solid waste.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahhhh... I would have never even thought to factor in evaporation. Thanks!!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We drink bottled water for drinking, coffee and cooking. So we don't have to worry about sanitation of fresh water. When washing dishes we dump the wash water in the toilet to add water. Two weeks is no problem, if you smell sewage add water to the toilet.

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually