Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How Cold Is Too Cold?

I'm picking up my new Imagine 2650RK on Friday, then driving from NC to NH on Saturday to visit family for a week. I didn't plan on taking the RV as its going to be 38 degrees (Fahrenheit) during the day and about 18 at night, and I like to knock out the whole drive in one shot which would be exhausting with that thing behind me.

Unfortunately, my terrible planning means I'll be driving through every major east coast city on New Years Eve (to include NYC) which sounds like the worst idea I've had in a long time.

Would it be silly of me to consider de-winterizing the unit so I can break the trip up into 2 legs and go the scenic route? Having the rig at my final destination would certainly have its perks (primarily for the sleeping/showering/luggage accommodations), but if that kind of weather is a little too extreme for this unit, I'd rather kill the idea while its young.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by colbyscameron; 12-27-2016 at 05:42 PM.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would keep it winterized until you get to the final destination. Then winterize it again before you get back on the road.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I concur, with temps that close to freezing I wouldn't take the chance of freezing up the pipes during a road trip.
    Pete & Carla Nelson
    2017 F-350, diesel, DRW, Lariat, 8' bed, Ford's TPMS, Furrion camera, Revolver X2 Tonneau Cover
    2017 Solitude 384GK, with dual pane windows, slide toppers, gen ready, heat pump.
    Added items: WiFiRanger EliteAC (external antenna), WiFiRanger GoAC (Router),
    Trailer Saver BD3 w/underbed adapter, Cheapheat system, Fantastic fan (bathroom), 50 Amp Hughes Auto Former w/surge protection, 5th wheel skirting.
    MoRryde independent suspension, 8k axle, disc breaks, Sailun S637 tires