User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2017 Ford F350 Trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring System?

I just got my new F350 and I ordered the trailer TPMS system with it. My Solitude 384GK isn't due in until late Jan early Feb so I won't know until I get the TPMS installed if they'll work. The literature from Ford states they don't work with radial tires, or steel rims (the Solitude has aluminum rims, but radial tires) so I was wondering if anyone has tried to install them and if so did they work? The truck comes with its own TPMS, and it's got radial tiers so I'm hoping the 5er TPMS will work as well.

I also got the trailer camera (literature said it would work on a 32' trailer ... 384GK is 40'7") and was wondering if anyone has installed one of these and if the cable was long enough to reach, or if you spliced it to make it long enough. How did you route the cable (down the ladder, or inside the 5er)?

Anyone who's plowed this ground already I'd be happy to hear from to get an idea on my chances.

I've been on the Ford Super Duty forum and found a 5er with the camera laid out and it appeared to reach (on a 40' 5er, ran down the ladder), but not heard anything about the TPMS.

Thanks for any insight you can provide.
    Pete & Carla Nelson
    2017 F-350, diesel, DRW, Lariat, 8' bed, Ford's TPMS, Furrion camera, Revolver X2 Tonneau Cover
    2017 Solitude 384GK, with dual pane windows, slide toppers, gen ready, heat pump.
    Added items: WiFiRanger EliteAC (external antenna), WiFiRanger GoAC (Router),
    Trailer Saver BD3 w/underbed adapter, Cheapheat system, Fantastic fan (bathroom), 50 Amp Hughes Auto Former w/surge protection, 5th wheel skirting.
    MoRryde independent suspension, 8k axle, disc breaks, Sailun S637 tires

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you give me an update on how the Ford purchased TPMS system worked for you? My husband and I, purchased a new F350 with the TPMS and back up camera last summer. We got our Solitude 344 GK 5th Wheel last November. Friends of ours purchased the same truck but a different model Solitude. They had the TPMS installed but found an issue with the tire stems not being big enough and therefore, the system couldn't be completely installed. Did you have this same issue and how did you rectify the situation. We also found out that to use the camera the electrical connection has to be routed through the bumper outlet, not the truck bed plugin. This just seems unsafe to me, so we haven't had our camera installed either. So far no help from Ford on fixing either of these issues.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mkwilli05 View Post
    Can you give me an update on how the Ford purchased TPMS system worked for you? My husband and I, purchased a new F350 with the TPMS and back up camera last summer. We got our Solitude 344 GK 5th Wheel last November. Friends of ours purchased the same truck but a different model Solitude. They had the TPMS installed but found an issue with the tire stems not being big enough and therefore, the system couldn't be completely installed. Did you have this same issue and how did you rectify the situation. We also found out that to use the camera the electrical connection has to be routed through the bumper outlet, not the truck bed plugin. This just seems unsafe to me, so we haven't had our camera installed either. So far no help from Ford on fixing either of these issues.
    Check out this related thread: https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...d-Trailer-TPMS
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you!