User Tag List

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AUImagine View Post
    Any idea how many watts the furrion head unit outputs per channel? I too was thinking about swapping speakers, but was wondering if the output would be insufficient switching to bigger magnet speakers. Sure, could add an amp, but then there's even more power draw for times when not plugged in.
    the original furrion was 4x40 watts. The upgraded speakers were so much better quality, it's not even funny. I also changed out the furrion for a Kenwood. Much better quality with that as well.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Misfit View Post
    the original furrion was 4x40 watts. The upgraded speakers were so much better quality, it's not even funny. I also changed out the furrion for a Kenwood. Much better quality with that as well.
    Got all excited on a speaker change and dug through my stack of manuals to read up on the head unit and found I may have a different unit.
    It is a Furrion DV3300; just found on the very last page, output is only 4x24W RMS @ 4ohm. (4-8ohm speakers ok). Rats, 24 watts could be borderline insufficient for bigger magnet speakers in my case.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suspect that any speaker upgrade would be an improvement. There are some speakers that are more efficient, which would be a good choice. A trip to best buy with one of the removed speakers for comparison should make easy work of this. Best Buy's return policy is so good that it's hard to go wrong with them. It's not like you can save all that much by buying online with a $50- $100 pair of speakers. The reason I haven't upgraded yet is because I have a Bose sound bar and sub, so the Furrion is used for the clock function only.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The mods to our 2600RB so far have been fairly simple. The first thing I did to all the cabinet doors was to move the latch down closer to the handles. GD put them on the top so pulling the doors open caused them to twist. We installed Rev-a-shelf pull out cabinet baskets to the left side storage under the TV. I believe we bought the 14.17"X19" from Lowes. They fit perfectly with very little wasted space, and make it easy to get to things in the back. I added a switch to the panel next to the entry door to control power to the Furrion observation camera I installed. In the wardrobe on the right side of the bed we hung a fabric self organizer from BBB for folded clothes we want easy access to. The hanging stuff goes on the left side. I installed reading lights on wardrobe side panels, wiring then in the overhead lights. Just above the microwave I put up a strip of metal for the spices. We bought the spice tins with magnets on the bottom, and labeled the tops. It keeps them out of the way, but easy for the 5'4" wife to reach. You just have to be sure they are closed. I had the dealer install a slide cover. I just received the LevelMate today, should have it installed this weekend. I think that's about it. I've gotten a lot of ideas from this thread of things I want to do, just need the time and money.
    Last edited by D2whoharp; 02-16-2018 at 02:53 PM. Reason: grammar
    Dave & Debi
    2005 Chevy 2500 HD diesel
    2018 GD 2600RB

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put a set of Infinity Reference 9603ix 6x9s in our old R-Pod, the sound quality was amazing. It had only 6 watts/channel, but the Kappas are very sensitive yet at the same time can take some power.

Jim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Imagination View Post
    ...The tv cable connection was made by running a cable from tv along top of pass thru to the "living room" connection point in the existing tv hook ups on the driver side of the pass thru
    What does this do? Get you to the antenna used for the living room TV?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What brand of mount did you use for this? It seems to have pretty long arms.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Old thread I know but has anyone upgraded the fridge In A 2800bh? Would love to get an extra square foot or two. 12v or dual power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 GD 2800BH
    2005 Tundra, 2010 sequoia
    Wife & 2 kids

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I added a 2nd tv in the bedroom and also added a dual HDMI splitter, placed in the cubbyhole above the microwave along with a Dish receiver and a streamer. Two outputs are run to the tv that came with the trailer and the others run to the bedroom tv. This way I don't need dual receivers/streamers.
    2022 Imagine 22RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 Big Horn 5.7 Hemi 4X4
    USAF Veteran

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Callahan4 View Post
    Old thread I know but has anyone upgraded the fridge In A 2800bh? Would love to get an extra square foot or two. 12v or dual power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We just replaced the factor frig with a 110v Magic Chef along with a 12v to 100v inverter to run the frig while on the road. Included in this mod is a transfer switch so as long as connected to shore power the frig uses that. Wife loves the bigger freezer/frig and that it keeps the ice cream frozen. While not necessary we changed the 12v battery to two 6v for more amps. Then we ran larger cables from the truck alternator/battery to the trailer to keep the batteries charged while traveling. The seven pin plug does provide some power but not very much thus the upgrade.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MagicChef.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	84.4 KB 
ID:	42039

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast