Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Design Changes

I've noticed in just the very few post on our new forum, that there has been some design changes in our Solitudes as the Company has grown.

Dandy RV in Alabama, where we bought our Solitude #96, had #1 and it had a window on the wall behind the range and oven. In the bedroom there were shelves on both sides of the bed. Ours has neither of these features.

In one post there's talk about the Kantleak System and in another some of you are talking about lights in the awning. #96 doesn't have either of these, but we also haven't had any of the light problems others are talking about. That makes me wonder if Grand Design went to a different lighting system or a different supplier after ours was built.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining because we are very happy with our Solitude and as of now wouldn't change a thing.

I am very excited to be able to watch Grand Design evolve and grow into a leader in the RV industry and we are looking forward to making a trip to the factory in the very near future. Maybe as this site grows we could make a trip to the factory an annual event for owners; maybe a GDO Roundup

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Design Changes

From the time we ordered our Solitude til it was delivered, there were 5 different changes - we were surprised and sent an E-mail to Marc Hauser - GD Gen'l. Mgr. He took the time to explain the logic behind each change and even offered to have the 2nd bedroom window next to bed put back in for us. We didn't opt to do that but it was nice to hear why they made the changes. He also got us a door for the top two openings in the bathroom cabinet (didn't charge us!). Most of the changes were because of customer feedback or things that were creating lots of warranty issues ( like changing the glass curio shelves to wood).
    Tom & Nancy
    Newport, MI
    369RL, #302

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would love to know the reason they took the 2nd window out in the bedroom. That's one of the things I really miss. It's hard to get a cross ventilation when only one person gets to open their window and might not want to.
    Jeff & Cathy K - Dayton, NV
    2017 Grand Design Solitude 384GK #TBD
    2016 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD 4x4 SRW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think a trip to the factory being an annual event would be a great idea. I am looking forward to touring the factory and am hoping to do that in the Spring.

Debby - Stafford, Virginia
    2017 Grand Design Solitude ST374TH
    2012 GMC Denali 3500HD DRW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would be great to have a rally at the factory for a couple of days where we could all meet. Take a factory tour and learn more about our rigs.
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote author=Jeff K link=topic=14.msg58#msg58 date=1378940570]
    I would love to know the reason they took the 2nd window out in the bedroom. That's one of the things I really miss. It's hard to get a cross ventilation when only one person gets to open their window and might not want to.
    [/quote]

I wonder if that's something they put back in the 305RE. We have 2 windows in our bedroom slide.
    Renee & Bill -- Central Louisiana
    2014 Solitude 305RE #404
    2007 F250

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

[quote author=Renee link=topic=14.msg168#msg168 date=1379456742]
    [quote author=Jeff K link=topic=14.msg58#msg58 date=1378940570]
    [/quote]

I wonder if that's something they put back in the 305RE. We have 2 windows in our bedroom slide.
    [/quote]

Renee, does the 305RE have a window on each side of the bed and one above the headboard?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, 3 windows. But if memory serves me...(and that's a big if!) the one over the bed does not open.
    Renee & Bill -- Central Louisiana
    2014 Solitude 305RE #404
    2007 F250

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That's the same as our 369RL and you're correct, the one above the headboard does not open.

On the newer 369RLs they removed one of the side windows, the one that faces towards the rear of the camper.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We only have one side window and one over the bed.
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast