Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Outside propane connector

Trying to determine if all quick connect devices are the same thing. My 2017 Reflection 27RL has the outside connector and I wish to purchase or possibly have the local hydraulics shop make me a hose that I can use to supply gas to a Carolina Cooker. The following write up comes from their website and looks like it may work on my 5th wheel. Do all connectors fall under a standard set of rules? If the specs say it's a 1/4 quick connector with 3/8 MPT X 3/8 FPT like the write up below may I assume it will work and be safe?

Specifications from a web site......

"Constructed of solid brass, this natural gas quick connect is designed for long life. The 1/4 in. quick connector and full flow male plug comes with male to male nipple for specific applications. Use this kit for your natural or gas quick connect.
    Propane and Natural Gas Quick Connect
    3/8 in. MPT x 3/8 in. FPT
    Construction: Brass"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://tejassmokers.com/
    Here is a link to where I bought hose and fittings for a previous camper. Go to their home page and search for "quick disconnect" and you will find a wide selection of hoses and fittings for RVs.
    Marvin & Marion
    2016 Reflection 303RLS
    2008 Ram 2500HD

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been researching this today and may have answered my own question. See the following link to see what male connection will work with the outside hook up. I found a tag under my 5th wheel and the manufacturer of the valve is MB Sturgis Inc. I visited their web site and determined Grand Design uses model 250 connection valve. The male plug in the link works with it according to the site. If you want to make up your own hose to connect an appliance use this.

http://mbsturgis.com/products/mb/nat...-1-4-mnpt.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where is the connector located on your 27RL? A picture would be greatly appreciated. I tried to find it on my 29RS (which is still 300K away at the Dealers till the snow melts) with no luck. The salesman did not know where it was and directed me to the feed for the Gas stove, which does have a splitter block on it, but not what I would consider a quick connect. My last Trail Cruiser TT had a quick connect which you just pushed back the collar and inserted the hose with a 1/4" NPT fitting on it and away you go.

Greg
    Greg & Lisa (and the Yorkies - Rocky & Adrian)
    Winnipeg, MB
    2017 Grand Design Reflection 29RS
    2010 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LTZ Duramax

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the things I found out the hard way that this connection on your camper is already regulated so if you hookup a gas grille or something through its regulator nothing will work, you are better off adapting your cooker directly to the propane tank!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G&LinWPG View Post
    Where is the connector located on your 27RL? A picture would be greatly appreciated. I tried to find it on my 29RS (which is still 300K away at the Dealers till the snow melts) with no luck. The salesman did not know where it was and directed me to the feed for the Gas stove, which does have a splitter block on it, but not what I would consider a quick connect. My last Trail Cruiser TT had a quick connect which you just pushed back the collar and inserted the hose with a 1/4" NPT fitting on it and away you go.

Greg
    My connector was directly underneath the basement door on the right side of the trailer........

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G&LinWPG View Post

Greg
    Greg,

We got our 29RS a few weeks ago and also cannot find a quick connect for connecting a low pressure grill. Supposed to have one according to the features on the website. The only quick connect I found is the one for the stove and refer below the passenger side slideout. You could hook up your grill to this connector, but you would have to disconnect the gas line going to the appliances in the slideout while using the grill. Would be a bummer not being able to use the inside range while using the grill. I have noticed there is a 2 output port manifold that the quick connect female screws into. The 2nd port has a plug in it and faces the back of the rig. I will either take out the plug and add a 2nd quick connect, or buy a quick connect Y adapter that has one male and 2 female. There is only one company I found that makes them and they're about $50 - $60. I'm really disappointed that GD didn't put the 2nd connector in at the factory, since they imply there is one.

-jj

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HI,

I have a 26RL and met a guy with the same model and year. We were looking over each others rigs and I noticed a quick disconnect located on the left side towards the rear. I was surprised so went to my fifth wheel and mine does not have the quick disconnect. I wonder if that was part of a package at GD? I an also figuring on tapping into the propane block closer to the stove, its just under one of my slides. Does anyone know why his had the second disconnect?

Gerry M

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi JJ,

The problem with doing it that way is you are on the low pressure side of the regulator, and your BBQ may not run, as it has it's own regulator. I bought a Y adapter that goes right on the tank, and has 2 male tank fittings. I plug the line that goes to the regulator in one side, and a propane hose on the other side, and hang that out the bottom of the Bottle Cabinet. I have attached photos of the adapter and the hose. Both are from Amazon. My Napoleon BBQ has a 1 LB propane tank fitting, so the hose plugs right in there. I also have several extension hoses from the days when I tent camped and used a propane tree for everything.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Barbour Y adapter.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	10735Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Propane Hose.jpg 
Views:	263 
Size:	8.7 KB 
ID:	10736
    Greg & Lisa (and the Yorkies - Rocky & Adrian)
    Winnipeg, MB
    2017 Grand Design Reflection 29RS
    2010 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LTZ Duramax

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My previous fifth wheel had the external propane quick connect that I never used because it was tapped into the line that had reduced pressure....it won't work for grills or devices that have built in regulators and need high pressure to operate. I just unhook my on board tank and connect my high pressure hose that has the adapter for my grill/stove.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast