User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New to Forum

sgb6549

New to Forum

Hi we are Steve and Bettina. We are full timers looking to upgrade to a little more comfort. We are currently looking at a Solitude 369RL. Haven't pulled the trigger, yet.

We've been retired two years, have a permanent set of "sticks and bricks" in Las Vegas. We just got back from visiting our brand new grandson in Kennesaw, Georgia. Stayed six weeks, then back to Vegas, picked up my sister and brother-in-law (their travel trailer) and headed to Mount Rushmore via Yellowstone National Park. Came back through Oregon along the Columbia River. Just got home last week (just over 8,000 miles since April). Bettina wants a new rig because she's tired of me bumping my head all the time.

I was sukrprised to see that this forum has only been going a short time. Are there any other full timers out there? With over 300 units sold there must be some.

I noticed a couple of posts about lighting issues...very interested in finding out how these have been resolved.

Well, I've prattled on long enough. If we decide to get one we'll be seeing a lot of you on line.

Steve & Bettina

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: New to Forum

Welcome to the Forum Steve and Bettina.

Maybe before too long we'll be welcoming you guys to the Solitude family.

Steve and Cill

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Steve and Bettina!
    Good luck with your search.

I want you to know that we (hubby and I) started shopping for our new camper in Oct '12. I made the poor man look at close to 100 campers here in Louisiana as well as Texas. We started our quest looking for certain "must haves". He had a list and I had a list. The more we looked the more our lists changed! (btw, the top must have on my list was a 4 door frig and his was hydraulic landing gear).

You know what I discovered...no one camper met all of our must haves. At first, we started looking at the Prime Time Manufacturing Crusader, but the more I researched, the more I learned about the construction of 5th Wheelers, and I soon decided that a 5th wheel rated for Full-time living was what I wanted, even if I wasn't going to live in it full time. It just made sense especially making the move up from a Keystone Passport (an ultra-lite camper).

I wanted quality construction however at an affordable price. There are many very nicely built RV's out there, but price was always a major factor. My over 9 month search led me to Grand Design. We absolutely fell in love with all Solitude's floorplans, and settled on the 305RE because of the size. They are truly beautiful, well built RVs and very affordable. And one of the things that most impressed me about these RV's was the company itself. I found their website, sent in a request for brochures, and not an hour after I had sent the email heard from Marc Houser, the general manager. Now that's service.

Again, good luck with your search. I'm sure you'll find lots of good advice from the owners of these 5th Wheelers via this forum and well as the Facebook page.
    Renee
    Renee & Bill -- Central Louisiana
    2014 Solitude 305RE #404
    2007 F250

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Steve & Bettina,

Hope your search for a new rig is going well. IMO if "for the most part" all were talking about is a few led light issues that's a pretty big compliment to Grand Design.
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually