User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Member Looking at Full Time RV Life

Hello, I just joined the Owners Forum for Grand Design to see if this is a good option for my wife and I to full-time RV. Does anyone own a Grand Design Imagine 2950RL? Has anyone every done either full-time living in one or for extended multi-month trips? Any advice?

Thanks

Chuck Douglass
    Alabama

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chuck, I guess you could full time in anything. I've known people who lived in tents year around. The Imagine is built for weekend use
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought our 2950RL in September when our brand new FR Flagstaff started falling apart on first use. Our repair folks, in the course of arranging for the warranty work on the FR, suggested we look at the GD in their own dealership lot. We did and we bought. We got it at Johnnie's RV in Mobile/THeodore AL and they are fantastic to deal with. We went from Mobile to Franklin NC for color change and spent 6 weeks at Mi Mountain enjoying the area and hiking stretches of the AT to our heart's content. We then moved to winter in Carrabelle FL and will be here till mid-March. The 2950 tows easier with a weight distribution hitch and sway bar than my first rv (an RPOD) did. The 2950 has a GREAT amount of room for us and our two hounds and we only had to replace the bathroom fan which died a few weeks ago. GD's warranty service folks were great and even paid for 1/2 of the mobile service call. I love the weight and only need my Silverado 1500 to tow it. I have been spending all day today on this site and swallowing a lot of information and valuable advice. We love the freedom of full timing and love our 2950RL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Free Hank View Post
    We bought our 2950RL in September when our brand new FR Flagstaff started falling apart on first use. Our repair folks, in the course of arranging for the warranty work on the FR, suggested we look at the GD in their own dealership lot. We did and we bought. We got it at Johnnie's RV in Mobile/THeodore AL and they are fantastic to deal with. We went from Mobile to Franklin NC for color change and spent 6 weeks at Mi Mountain enjoying the area and hiking stretches of the AT to our heart's content. We then moved to winter in Carrabelle FL and will be here till mid-March. The 2950 tows easier with a weight distribution hitch and sway bar than my first rv (an RPOD) did. The 2950 has a GREAT amount of room for us and our two hounds and we only had to replace the bathroom fan which died a few weeks ago. GD's warranty service folks were great and even paid for 1/2 of the mobile service call. I love the weight and only need my Silverado 1500 to tow it. I have been spending all day today on this site and swallowing a lot of information and valuable advice. We love the freedom of full timing and love our 2950RL.
    Thank you VERY much with the information, this was helpful. We are going back and forth on trying to use something out truck can pull - like this - or going with a Tiffin that can pull our truck. I know for all you long-time members...."don't make your decision to full-time on your truck". But, it is a factor for us. Free Hank, are you guys military retirees? Thank you again.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are not military retirees.