Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

level up system, jacks leaking down

Have a 2017 Solitude 310 GK, bought last of Nov. Came to Fl first of Dec. I am having to relevel the rv every 5 or 6 days. Evidently fluid is leaking back through the solenoids back to the reservoir. There are no signs of a leak at any connection points.

Is this a common problem with this system? I had a motor home with the Big Foot leveling system and never had this problem. Just doesn't seem right to have to be releveled every few days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee173 View Post
    Have a 2017 Solitude 310 GK, bought last of Nov. Came to Fl first of Dec. I am having to relevel the rv every 5 or 6 days. Evidently fluid is leaking back through the solenoids back to the reservoir. There are no signs of a leak at any connection points.

Is this a common problem with this system? I had a motor home with the Big Foot leveling system and never had this problem. Just doesn't seem right to have to be releveled every few days.
    Are you settling into the sand?
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, I am on hard ground. Not sinking at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All I can add is that is the three years I've have my rig I have never experienced the jacks leaking down. Even when stored at my house for long extended periods of time.
    David & Linda - Plainview, VA
    2008 3500HD CrewCab DRW
    2014 369RL #258
    2007 Solstice
    2008 TrailBlazer
    2016 Kia Sorento
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am having to relevel the rv every 5 or 6 days. Evidently fluid is leaking back through the solenoids back to the reservoir. There are no signs of a leak at any connection points.

Is this a common problem with this system? I had a motor home with the Big Foot leveling system and never had this problem. Just doesn't seem right to have to be releveled every few days.[/QUOTE]

I have had a much slower issue with hydraulic settling, but it's there. My unit may take a week to settle and not be level. At this point, I deal with it. If it becomes more frequent, I will attempt to figure out why, although that doesn't help you. I think it may be more common then people realize, although unless you stay in one place for an extended amount of time in one place, it goes undetected.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've never experienced that and have been stationary for very long periods. The only item we had on that end was the static friction issue that many experienced. One bottle of CAT 1U-9891 to replace 1 quart of the factory fluid and the issue never came back.
    Editor - www.RamGunner.com and www.MomentumGunner.com
    2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
    B&W RVK3600 5th Wheel Hitch/Reese 30140 Gooseneck Ball/Gen-Y HDGH-604 Receiver
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also had the static friction popping noise, when my unit was just sitting still on a concrete pad, or on any stable ground. I thought at the time, it was due to the leak down of the hydraulics. I still think it's due to the leak down, but now I don't hear the popping noise after adding the CAT fluid.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that what that noise is? We get a single random pop from the flooring every now and then. Once an hour maybe? Doesn't seem to be weight related, and I can't reproduce the noise manually. Single spot somewhere above the garage area. Does that sound like the same thing? I've been wondering what that noise was... We don't have to re-level or anything, but then we haven't been in the same place for more than a couple weeks yet.

Adding this low friction fluid, is it a simple drain-a-quart, add-a-quart thing?
    2016 Solitude 377MB
    2016 Ram 3500 4x4 DRW

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To answer your question above, yes, that is probably what you need. If you do a search on this forum, there were a numerous amount of posts relative to this popping noise and how to add the CAT fluid.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast