Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JT Strong Arm Stabilizers

Are these needed with the 6point Auto Leveling System?

Our Solitude is in the shop for the auto leveling system. For some reason, our system has never worked correctly. The day we were to pick up our Solitude, we had a few issues, one was the brakes didn't work..a wire had broken and had to be repair, and a fuse/switch in the hydraulic system blew and the jacks would not extend/retract. The dealership repaired both and we were able to pick up our camper the next day. But since then, even after trying to fix it ourselves via a phone call to both the dealership and Lippit, the auto level has never worked. We've had to manually level it every trip.

Anyway, I'm not sure that our 5th wheeler has ever been truly leveled. We've try to do it with a level and manual use of the system. With our method, we've had movement in the camper when walking. So, I'm not sure that it is normal. The tech at the dealership indicated that we didn't need stabilizers in addition to the leveling system.

Is that statement true? If the camper is leveled properly with all the jacks in the correct position, is there no movement?
    Renee
    Renee & Bill -- Central Louisiana
    2014 Solitude 305RE #404
    2007 F250

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: JT Strong Arm Stabilizers

Renee, our 6 point leveling system works great and levels our Solitude just fine. With that said, we still have movement when someone is walking through the camper. I have considered the JT Strong Arms, but we are ok with the small amount of movement so far.

I do know that the JT Strong Arm stabilizers do work. I have a Brother-in-Law and an Uncle that have them on their 5th wheels and they get no movement at all.

Steve and Cill

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Steve!
    I think I'll wait and see if leveling was my problem. It did seem that we had excessive movement and that could be the issue. Like you, I think I could live with small amounts of shifting.

If not, I'll look at adding the JT Strong Arms on the front. We did discuss adding them with the techs, and he stated that I would not be able to add the 2 to the rear because of the frame. I'm not exactly sure what the issue was, but hubby did. Something about the rear frame wouldn't support where the stabilizers would have to be connected. He said if I needed something for the rear, it would have to be the electric jacks that fit across the entire rear...we'd use them for stabilizing not leveling.
    2014 Solitude 305RE #404
    2007 F250

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have also had to level mine manually many times because I usually camp in the mountains and the sites are not very level to begin with. My auto level will work but usually the tires are off the ground and I don't feel that is a very safe way to leave the fifth wheel. I use blocks and then the manual level, but the green dot in the center tells me if it is truly level. I just keep adjusting it manually until the green dot says level. I also blew a fuse in the system once and it was because of a loose wire on the battery ground.
    I also have a little movement in the trailer. I put a stabilizer under the hitch in the front and that seems to help. It is a king pin stabilizer. I think there will always be some movement but I think with level up there is less. My previous trailer had more movement than this one.

Debby - Stafford, Virginia
    2017 Grand Design Solitude ST374TH
    2012 GMC Denali 3500HD DRW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GDRV is there a fix for the movement I know there are a lot of AM but does Lippert have a fix for this I know JT Strong Arm is one of the companies. If you good let us know I would most grateful.
    2014 Solitude 369RL# 334
    2008 Chevy Dually 3500
    Love my 5th Wheel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Renee,
    Our auto level system works fine - except that the "retract" LED does not come on, but we are pleased with the solid feel and minor movement. Our previous 5th wheels, and class A motorhome which had auto level system all had more noticeable movement than our 369RL does. It seems very minor and does not bother us at all.

Keep us informed on what you do and how it works out.

Austin
    Austin & Sarah

2019 Imagine 2800BH #2879
    2013 F350 SRW CC FX4 6.5'
    50 gal. Transfer Flow replacement tank

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oops, I should have done an update!
    It seems that our wires were crossed, which sounds strange, because when we did the walk through, it seemed to be working just fine. Anyway, after a stay in the shop, they repaired the auto leveling and it works fine now.

Here's the list I went to my dealer with:
    1) I complained about the what I consider too much movement--was told because of the slide sizes, movement is to be expected. We purchased X-Chock Tire Locking Chocks and Valterra 020106 RV Stabilizer (only 47.00) and they've really made a big difference. I can live with the minor movement that we have now.
    2) auto leveling not working (wires crossed) repaired and working now.
    3) light out (it was a bulb) they changed it out.
    4) glass top on table doesn't fit flat (table was warped so new table ordered)
    5) holes about 1" in diameter when the slides where in (the rubber side cover -gasket not installed properly... so reinstalled) No holes now!
    6)*** floor by the peninsula and pantry makes really major, noticeable creaky/groany noises. Awaiting word from manufacturer (I'm afraid this is a biggy---could have to send back to plant to be fixed as the slides and peninsula may have to come out and whatever is loose under the floor will have to be fixed. We are waiting on this repair.

Adding to the list when I take our camper back to the dealer on Dec 3.
    7) Living Area air is not cooling--it blows but not cold air. Thank goodness every time we've been camping the weather has been pretty nice.
    8 ) Battery will not charge.

I've bought new campers before...I know there's things that must be tweaked. So I'm still very happy with my camper! I know the dealership will work with me to make my new Solitude perfect! And if not, I'll yell at Bill Fenech 8) on this site!!!
    2014 Solitude 305RE #404
    2007 F250

Site Team
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

I have the creak in the floor as well, although ours is on the other side by the recliners, but closest to the island.
    Ct..

[quote author=Renee link=topic=23.msg624#msg624 date=1383182007]
    Oops, I should have done an update!
    It seems that our wires were crossed, which sounds strange, because when we did the walk through, it seemed to be working just fine. Anyway, after a stay in the shop, they repaired the auto leveling and it works fine now.

Here's the list I went to my dealer with:
    1) I complained about the what I consider too much movement--was told because of the slide sizes, movement is to be expected. We purchased X-Chock Tire Locking Chocks and Valterra 020106 RV Stabilizer (only 47.00) and they've really made a big difference. I can live with the minor movement that we have now.
    2) auto leveling not working (wires crossed) repaired and working now.
    3) light out (it was a bulb) they changed it out.
    4) glass top on table doesn't fit flat (table was warped so new table ordered)
    5) holes about 1" in diameter when the slides where in (the rubber side cover -gasket not installed properly... so reinstalled) No holes now!
    6)*** floor by the peninsula and pantry makes really major, noticeable creaky/groany noises. Awaiting word from manufacturer (I'm afraid this is a biggy---could have to send back to plant to be fixed as the slides and peninsula may have to come out and whatever is loose under the floor will have to be fixed. We are waiting on this repair.

Adding to the list when I take our camper back to the dealer on Dec 3.
    7) Living Area air is not cooling--it blows but not cold air. Thank goodness every time we've been camping the weather has been pretty nice.
    8 ) Battery will not charge.

I've bought new campers before...I know there's things that must be tweaked. So I'm still very happy with my camper! I know the dealership will work with me to make my new Solitude perfect! And if not, I'll yell at Bill Fenech 8) on this site!!!
    [/quote]
    Chris Tretta
    Albuquerque, NM

2013 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4 6.7L Cummins
    2019 Grand Design 385GK
    2014 Grand Design 369RL - Sold
    Class A CDL, Doubles/Triples, Hazmat and Tanker endorsements

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Renee and Bill:

Sorry for the slow response. I have big shoulders, so you can "yell" at me if you need to, however, I am very sensitive and prone to crying. All kidding aside, we definitely want to get you taken care of. If the dealer is not able to satisfy you, please do not hesitate to call us and ask for Customer Service. We truly want to make customers and friends for life!

Thanks for your understanding,

Bill Fenech

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Bill,
    So far our dealer is working with us...we bought our Solitude from Primeaux RV in Lafayette.

We take it back on Dec 3. Most of our issues are minor. The only ones that concern me are 1) the air conditioner, and in all honesty, that could be me...I'm a newb with the dual control. I could very well have some setting messed up and it's not the air conditioner at all! The other is 2) the floor. It's really loud, and it sounds like something is not fastened down...metal rubbing on metal sound. Hopefully, they have a solution now and it's a simple fix.

If not...I'll contact you.
    I do love my Solitude. We get so many questions when we go camping, and I average at least 2-3 tours every camping trip. Everyone is impressed with the high-end finishes, the floorplan, as well as the fact that it's fulltime camper at a very reasonable price!

BTW: you've got to remember in the south...we "yell" at everyone! But I think what I really meant to say is...I'd holler
    2014 Solitude 305RE #404
    2007 F250

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast