Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Connecting Satellite Receiver to main TV with RCA Cable

I have a DirecTV SD receiver that to this point have only set up with an outside tv. I'd
    like to set it up inside, but noticed there is no easy way to connect the RCA cable
    to the TV. My arm barely fits behind the tv as mounted, and at that it would be a guess on which
    connections are which (red to red, etc). I have read other posts on how to remove the TV by "lifting up" and
    have tried that with as much pressure as I want to use, but it won't budge from the mount.

How has everyone else accomplished this? Am I missing something?

Thanks!
    JB

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is possible that it is a bit wedged. The mount is V shaped and slides down into a larger V shape. I wiggle the TV from side to side while lifting and usually it lifts right off.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason B View Post
    I have a DirecTV SD receiver that to this point have only set up with an outside tv. I'd
    like to set it up inside, but noticed there is no easy way to connect the RCA cable
    to the TV. My arm barely fits behind the tv as mounted, and at that it would be a guess on which
    connections are which (red to red, etc). I have read other posts on how to remove the TV by "lifting up" and
    have tried that with as much pressure as I want to use, but it won't budge from the mount.

How has everyone else accomplished this? Am I missing something?

Thanks!
    JB
    What model unit do you have? On our trailer, there is a small lever at the top of the tv that you need to turn to allow removal of the tv by lifting. See if you can feel this first. Also, most new trailers as far as I know have two connections either outside or in your convenience center. One connection for cable and the other for satellite. These are prewird to at least your living room tv, and a lot of times alternate tv's. Sometimes only the living room tv has the prewired connections for both, others will only have cable hook up prewired. There are other options though if you choose.
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve7 View Post
    What model unit do you have? On our trailer, there is a small lever at the top of the tv that you need to turn to allow removal of the tv by lifting. See if you can feel this first. Also, most new trailers as far as I know have two connections either outside or in your convenience center. One connection for cable and the other for satellite. These are prewird to at least your living room tv, and a lot of times alternate tv's. Sometimes only the living room tv has the prewired connections for both, others will only have cable hook up prewired. There are other options though if you choose.
    We have a 2017 323BHS. There are two cable connections in the convenience center only. I was thinking they should have put an HDMI and / or RCA connection there as well, and then thought I have to run the cable out of the cabinet to the TV, not a very "clean" look if so. I'll play around with it this weekend.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason B View Post
    We have a 2017 323BHS. There are two cable connections in the convenience center only. I was thinking they should have put an HDMI and / or RCA connection there as well, and then thought I have to run the cable out of the cabinet to the TV, not a very "clean" look if so. I'll play around with it this weekend.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk
    Generally, they are cable connections, not HDMI. The HDMI would run from you satellite box to your tv. The cable just goes to your satellite box. Those two connections should be labeled "cable" and "SAT" hook up. Mine has this, and one more for "cable" to outside tv.
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed