User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gbkims View Post
    Since the AC Loads have to be managed by turning off CBs, you can also do a L1+L2 Jumper on Input to the ATS for the Inverter connection. This would put AC on both legs like a dogbone adapter does.

Edited the diagram to show just an 3000W Inverter to the ATS.
    And diagram of idea I'm working on for a Inverter w Passthru , Manual Transfer Switch, and L1+L2 Jumper.
    Thanks Gene, I appreciate the work, I'll look at the diagrams with fresher eyes tomorrow.

But regarding the "jumper" advice, do you mean literally jumper the two inputs together inside the transfer switch? Feed inverter power to one leg with a jumper wire over to also feed the other leg inside the ATS?

If so I guess that has the advantage of allowing us to use whatever ELSE is on the leg that feeds the A/Cs, but the disadvantage of adding to the collection of circuit breakers that need to be carefully turned off before the inverter is activated. Somebody's going to forget one someday, and that someone will probably be me!

Thanks again.
    Last edited by boyscout; 09-18-2020 at 05:30 PM.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    Thanks Gene, I appreciate the work, I'll look at the diagrams with fresher eyes tomorrow.

But regarding the "jumper" advice, do you mean literally jumper the two inputs together inside the transfer switch? Feed inverter power to one leg with a jumper wire over to also feed the other leg inside the ATS?

If so I guess that has the advantage of allowing us to use whatever ELSE is on the leg that feeds the A/Cs, but the disadvantage of adding to the collection of circuit breakers that need to be carefully turned off before the inverter is activated. Somebody's going to forget one someday, and that someone will probably be me!

Thanks again.
    Mark,

I just tossed in the jumper to show it can be done that way.
    Yes the jumper is wired on the input side of the "GEN" or "Inverter" input of the ATS.

If you power up the RV's leg that has your GFCI outlets, Microwave, then you're done.
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just tossed in the jumper to show it can be done that way. Yes the jumper is wired on the input side of the "GEN" or "Inverter" input of the ATS. If you power up the RV's leg that has your GFCI outlets, Microwave, then you're done.
    I just looked at the drawings you sent above. Thanks again for them; they're frameable.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gene, This got me thinking..... would a transfer switch work (switch) if only one leg got power? I never thought about it before.

Mark,

I just tossed in the jumper to show it can be done that way.
    Yes the jumper is wired on the input side of the "GEN" or "Inverter" input of the ATS.

If you power up the RV's leg that has your GFCI outlets, Microwave, then you're done.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    Gene, This got me thinking..... would a transfer switch work (switch) if only one leg got power? I never thought about it before.
    Yes they will. They just require 120VAC Hot, Neutral connected per the ATS install instructions.
    They've either got a 120VAC Coil on their relay/contactor(s), or a the circuit board uses the 120VAC to create 120VDC for the "Quiet" ATS DC contactors.

I've got a Progressive Dynamics PD52V I was testing at home to see how the smart transfer switch is made from it.
    Connected to 120VAC house circuit operates it, just like an Inverter's 120VAC would.
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12