Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: What is everyone towing with?

[quote author=rvsteve link=topic=48.msg1055#msg1055 date=1386903506]
    My wife and I are considering a Solitude 369RL. The tow vehicle is a 2013 Ram 3500 SRW Crew Cab with the Aisin transmission. I know the towing is well within the specs, but am wondering about the pin weight. We are light travelers but that RV looks heavy. Thoughts? Thanks!
    [/quote]

Welcome to the forum!

What does the payload sticker on the truck show...should be well over 4000lbs.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Gary

The cummins Allison ford is aaa great combo and is attainable through a company called destroked
    Although I am super ford loyal the trans leaves allot to be desired in both my
    7.3's e4od in 94-97 psd trucks doesn't hold up well and 4r100 is better ind 99-03
    Sduty trucks love my 7.3's both built by international contrary to previous post
    In there trim it is called a dt 444 e. I have 309,000 on my 96
    And 239,000 on my 2002 my family has 8 more of these engines
    In our fleet and we love them we have 1 lonely 6.0 that we fortunately haven't had any trouble
    With but I'm still nervous. Ok enough about that I could go on all day about
    Trucks it's my fav hobby. We bought our solitude in Tampa at Lazydays
    And they would not let me pull it away with my personal 02 Dually
    Had to borrow my dads 450 to make the dealer happy

Then added air suspension to make wife feel better because dealer made her her
    Nervous trying to pressure us into a truck purchase saying ours wasn't rated to tow weight of fw
    I have a cdl and drive much larger trucks and trailers however and feel perfectly comfortable
    Even with no air in the bags sorry to ramble nice to meet you all happy holidays

rvsteve

I checked my truck by VIN on the Ram site. It is showing a payload of 4300 pounds. Looking for a "real world" pin weight of a 369RL. Is the 2600 pound number close? I am sure adding batteries and propane as well as camping equipment will greatly increase the pin weight. We just want to be sure we will be towing / hauling safe out there. Thanks for all the help!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote author=Steve and Cill link=topic=48.msg247#msg247 date=1379599483]
    The only thing I don't like about the Ford, is the size of the fuel tank. If I didn't have a truck camper I would have a 90 gal bed tank.
    [/quote]

I'm with you on that Red. I have thought about a bed tank, but the extra weight worries me.
    [/quote]

I ordered a 90 gal bed tank last week from American Tank. It's supposed to be installed Sat, Mon or Tues. I'll keep you posted Steve.
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote author=rvsteve link=topic=48.msg1090#msg1090 date=1386965497]
    I checked my truck by VIN on the Ram site. It is showing a payload of 4300 pounds. Looking for a "real world" pin weight of a 369RL. Is the 2600 pound number close? I am sure adding batteries and propane as well as camping equipment will greatly increase the pin weight. We just want to be sure we will be towing / hauling safe out there. Thanks for all the help!
    [/quote]

You will be fine. I have the same, but 2 years older, truck and wouldn't hesitate to hook up to any GD product (except the Momentum's...they are BEASTS!!)

I would probably look at a set of airbags if your truck sags, as they do help stabilize the rig while towing also. You have a great tow rig as it is, but the bags help. I have the Firestone Ride Rite kit on my truck...
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

[quote author=el Rojo link=topic=48.msg1091#msg1091 date=1386968136]
    [quote author=Steve and Cill link=topic=48.msg247#msg247 date=1379599483]
    The only thing I don't like about the Ford, is the size of the fuel tank. If I didn't have a truck camper I would have a 90 gal bed tank.
    [/quote]

I'm with you on that Red. I have thought about a bed tank, but the extra weight worries me.
    [/quote]

I ordered a 90 gal bed tank last week from American Tank. It's supposed to be installed Sat, Mon or Tues. I'll keep you posted Steve.
    [/quote]

Thanks Red!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote author=rvsteve link=topic=48.msg1090#msg1090 date=1386965497]
    [/quote]

Hopefully another member with a 369RL will chime in on the dry pin weight recorded on the factory weight sheet or better yet, a loaded pin weight if they're run it over the scales. Lots of speculation, but you'd expect a loaded pin weight of 3000 - 3200 lbs depending how heavy you load.

I know from the weight sheet on our Reflection 337 that dry pin weight was listed at 2070 where the spec indicates 2090 lbs. Of course that will grow substantially when gear/supplies are added as almost all the storage is at, or in front of the axles.

With you payload of 4300 lbs you should be okay with the Solitude 369RL and still have room left on the RAWR of the truck.

Dave

Edit: Here's a link to another thread where some weights are reported. You may have to question the OP for more details... http://www.mygrandrv.com/index.php?topic=144.0
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Site Team
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

The weights were mine. I am towing a Solitude 369RL with a 13 Ram 3500 SRW MegaCab. It pulls like a dream! I did add airbags to it, but only because I'm a stickler for levelness and I was looking to reduce chucking, just a little. No issues, and my weights are in the post above. We just towed 1500 miles with 4 of us, 2 dogs, and our trailer reasonably well loaded. The rig pulled great, and was very comfortable.
    Ct..
    Chris Tretta
    Albuquerque, NM

2013 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4 6.7L Cummins
    2019 Grand Design 385GK
    2014 Grand Design 369RL - Sold
    Class A CDL, Doubles/Triples, Hazmat and Tanker endorsements

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FYI I'm with Chris in this one.

We also have air bags on our F-350 DRW and I have found that just a little air 30-40 psi smooths the ride out considerably.

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Site Sponsor Long Island Happy Camper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had air bags in my 2005 Ford F-350 DRW. I didn't need them in my 2011 Ford F-350 until I picked up my Momentum. I will now be installing a new set of Firestone Air Bags over the winter before the first long camping vacation. I had about an inch to 2 inch sag when I picked it up from the dealer.
    Jeff - Long Island - New York
    2014 Grand Design Momentum 385TH #5
    2011 Ford F-350 6.7 Duallie Golden Bronze Metallic
    Reese 20K Select Hitch
    TST flow through tire pressure monitor
    Firestone Ride Rite Air-Bags

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast