Thread: Door Lock

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Door Lock

Has anybody had trouble with their door lock. Mine works intermittently sometimes it will work but if it is real humid or drastic weather change I am unable to lock the deadbolt lock on the main door. I cannot use the combination or the key neither one will work. The other lock works fine all the time.

Debby - Stafford, Virginia
    2017 Grand Design Solitude ST374TH
    2012 GMC Denali 3500HD DRW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Door Lock

We did not get the keyless entry system. And our door locks seem to be in working order.

However, sometimes, it's really hard to open, the opening latch kinda catches. It makes me think that it's locked. Could be it's just new and maybe I should put a little WD40 on it.
    Renee & Bill -- Central Louisiana
    2014 Solitude 305RE #404
    2007 F250

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ours finally stopped working a few weeks ago after doing the intermitten thing. I'm going to try a new battery and see if that works. I never had any problem with the key working in either lock, even when the key pad was on the blink.

99thUnitBuilt

I have the keyless entry door, and I have already replaced the batteries in the keypad and the door motor. I have had the trailer since April, but I never use the key to lock mine.

Now as for the door sticking, I noticed that the screw heads on the latch plate were rubbing/binding on the door when it got hot or humid. The screw heads are rounded, not flat, so I took my dremel tool with a grinder bit and flattened the screw heads. I have not had a problem since. This might be something to take a look at. The dead give away will be one or two scratches above and below where the dead bolt extends out of the door.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote author=99thUnitBuilt link=topic=49.msg202#msg202 date=1379527213]
    I have the keyless entry door, and I have already replaced the batteries in the keypad and the door motor. I have had the trailer since April, but I never use the key to lock mine.

Now as for the door sticking, I noticed that the screw heads on the latch plate were rubbing/binding on the door when it got hot or humid. The screw heads are rounded, not flat, so I took my dremel tool with a grinder bit and flattened the screw heads. I have not had a problem since. This might be something to take a look at. The dead give away will be one or two scratches above and below where the dead bolt extends out of the door.
    [/quote]

Looks like handy at fixing stuff like me. Glad to have you on board.
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

99thUnitBuilt

[quote author=el Rojo link=topic=49.msg205#msg205 date=1379530985]

Looks like handy at fixing stuff like me. Glad to have you on board.
    [/quote]

Glad we have this site now. Handy yes, but mainly I just hate taking the trailer back to dealership so that incompetent people can attempt to fix things or tell me that there is nothing wrong with it.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dustin. I'm right there with you on that one.
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

99thUnitBuilt

My last comment was not directed at the dealership that I purchased my trailer at. I have not dealt with their service dept yet. I was speaking in generality about rv dealers service departments. I have two friends that are having problems with their dealerships, both Forrest River products.

Just wanted to put that out there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Totally understand where you are coming from Dustin.
    Some dealerships just sell them and then you're on your own. This happened with us when we purchased our Passport. Fortunately, Keystone actually had a fairly good warranty on the camper and we were able to take it to another more reliable service center.

We learned to research not on the camper we were purchasing, but also the dealership.

I will check the screw heads on the door and see if it's causing issues. Thanks for the tip.
    Renee & Bill -- Central Louisiana
    2014 Solitude 305RE #404
    2007 F250

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mind broke and had to drill the key hole and replaced with a steel Door look works great Mobile Outfitters White Keyless Entry RV Lock System.
    2014 Solitude 369RL# 334
    2008 Chevy Dually 3500
    Love my 5th Wheel