User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slideout weight limits

I recently took delivery of a Reflection 315RLTS. As I was loading in all my goodies from my previous rig a question occurred to me about the Schwintek bedroom slide (as this is my first experience with this system).
    On my new unit the configuration of the bedroom slide has both storage under the bed, and storage accessible from the outside on the same mechanism.
    My concern is what is the load limit so as not to cause a problem with overloading the motor system?
    I travel with a fair degree of tools, extra power cable and power filtering equipment. I anticipate that the desired items I want to place in this external storage weight up to 250 pounds. What may go under the bed on the inside will add to that weight.
    Being cautious I called Grand Design customer service and they were not able to answer my question and stated that they had no standard weight limit established. After some time it was suggested I call Lippert (as they manufacture the Schwintek system). Their CS rep. could not answer the question and suggested I call my trailer manufacture. Beginning to get the picture?

The best I could get is that Lippert said that the motors on the Schwintek system were designed to handle 600 pounds w/out rollers (this would include the room weight, manufacturer add on items like the bed platform, mattress etc and what ever else is part of the slide). The addition of roller supports would increase that capacity and those were selected and installed by the trailer manufacture.

I need as solid of an answer as I can get before I have a slide failure due to overloading.
    Should not be a warranty issue, as there is not a stated maximum.
    Or am I worried about nothing?
    Paul B.
    2017 315RLTS
    2002 GMC 3500
    2012 Harley Ultra w/ MotorTrike conversion

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good question I hope you are able to find someone to answer your question. We don't keep much of anything under our bed so I have never considered this issue. I am less familiar with the Schwintek system than the other type of system so am conservative with the two slides we have that are Schwintek. With that said if the 600lb number your wer given holds true, I know in our case the "dead" load of the slide room, bed, etc. probably accounts for most of the capacity. Will be monitoring this one to see if you get a conclusive answer. Good luck!
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will try and dig deeper, but for now please be aware your to hold the switch for a second or two both before and after open and close functions to allow the motors on each side to synchronize. When these were first introduced to market Voltage got blamed for offering something many people came to despise due to getting stuck in out position, mostly it was due to using on main body slides which were to large, even with 3 sets of tracks they still failed, the holding of the button was still something that wasn't learned until too late. I believe it's a hall sensor that I am referring too that needs to sync to each other.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    Jason Silvestry

Sales Manager

ExploreUSA RV Supercenter

3637 West Hwy 90 Seguin, TX 78155

Cell: 210-421-6555

Office: 830-303-2040

Fax: 830-303-2036

[email protected]

Connect on Linkedin

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a reflection 313 with the same br configuration. Kept chairs, air mattress etc under the bed, numerous power cords and spares (50 & 30 amp) in the outside storage as well as extra sewer fittings in closed tubs, tv cables etc. never had any problem with that slide. Good luck and enjoy!
    Don and Anita
    Oklahoma
    2015 RAM 2500 Cummins Diesel Laramie Edition
    2017 Reflection 337
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch/B&W Companion...depending on weight

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe there are actually 4 motors, one for each track, on that type of slide. Hence the need to keep them in sync. That's 2400lbs! Combined with rollers and such, that's a lot more weight than most would carry.

Even if they mean 600lbs total, combined with rollers and such, that's a good bit of weight. I wouldn't over think it. You can audibly hear when electric motors are labored. Run it a few times empty so you know what it sounds like, load it up, and then run it again. If it sounds like it's struggling or its moving slower you'll know it's too much. I've also been told all slides have some sort of overload to prevent them from burning up if there is too much resistance. Again, I wouldn't worry about it.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We’re purchasing new to us Cindy Crawford recliners that weigh approximately 175-200 lbs. we want to place this on our Slideout but we’re concerned about weight capacity. The fridge I’m assuming weights 75-100 lbs and then our bodies on the couch (hubby and I) will add another 300 lbs. That already adds up to 600lbs or more if my guess in the fridge is wrong. How have you guys managed this?