User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    99thUnitBuilt

HVAC Thermostat issues

I saw where someone on Facebook posted a comment about their thermostats being hooked up backwards, ie bedroom thermostat showing temp for living room and vice versa.

I have this issue on my trailer, but I have decided that I actually like it that way. It helps to keep the front cool without running the much louder front unit. It does make the living room cold, but I don't mind that.

I have already had to replace the main a/c. We came back to find the trailer at 92 degrees after being out all day. We had not set the front a/c to come on that day. I was just thankful that we had decided not to take the dog on that trip. That was the first trip she had ever missed camping with us. Something said leave her home that trip, glad we did.

I found that the unit had leaked out all its freon upon climbing on the roof. There was oil all in the shroud and on the roof. Contacted GD and they said it sounded like it was going to be a total replacement, but they told me to contact dometic and advise them of the issue. I contacted dometic and they agreed that it was going to need to be replaced. They said it could be taken to any authorized dometic service center vs diving 110 miles one way to the closest GD dealer. I took it 15 miles down the road to a local rv service center. They inspected the broke one ordered, received and installed the new one in 10 days. Better service than most dealerships give. This place sells utility trailers and rv parts and accessories only.

This is really the only issue I have had with my trailer, knock on wood. Beats the 45 days my Wildcat sat in the shop after only having it for two weeks.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: HVAC Thermostat issues

Ours has the correct sensors with the zones, but zone 1 is the bedroom and zone 2 is the living room. It's the opposite of the slides... it messes the wife up all the time ;D
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Bear with me Dustin, I'm old and slow. Are you saying that the temp sensor that is located in the kitchen is actually connected to the bedroom control?

Red, ours is connected like yours.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote author=Steve and Cill link=topic=52.msg241#msg241 date=1379598379]
    Bear with me Dustin, I'm old and slow. Are you saying that the temp sensor that is located in the kitchen is actually connected to the bedroom control?

[/quote]

Steve, that's what I understood.
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

99thUnitBuilt

Yes, that is what I am saying. Figured it out on a hot day when I only turned one ac on and after the living room cooled off it was still showing a warmer temp then the bedroom temp. The bedroom was still nice and warm but showing a cooler temp.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wouldn't you think you could swap 2 wires on the back of the thermostat?
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

99thUnitBuilt

There aren't two wires on the back of the thermostat. There is one cat 5 phone wire going into it. I called GD about it and they said that there is a way to fix it, but the person that new how to do it was out that day. I was going to call back, but I decided I liked it better the way it was set up currently.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I haven't noticed a temp sensor in the bedroom, so I would guess the sensor is in the thermostat. Maybe that's the reason for the one wire.

99thUnitBuilt

GD said that the bedroom ac thermostat is in the return air duct on the ac unit.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Wow! The sensor located inside the a/c unit in the bedroom is reading the living room/kitchen temp.........no wonder HVAC Technicians get paid the big bucks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast