User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imagine 2800BH (2017) Grey tanks - do they connect?

I have an Imagine 2800BH built in Dec 2016. I was told by Greg Cody in October (from GD) that the two grey tanks (one in front for the kitchen sink, one in the rear for the shower) connect so that they effectively make a 70+ gallon tank (I think he said the rear will overflow into the front tank). My unit has two grey dump valves (one on front, one on the rear near the dump fitting) and looking at it, I can't see how they could connect. Can anyone verify this?

If they don't connect, I understand this can be done externally (i.e. to equalize the levels between the tanks) using a gate valve with two Thetford fittings but I'd rather not buy one if I don't need it. I can't test it myself as it was delivered completely winterized (the dealer originally told me they'd show me the plumbing working then winterize it before we took it but when we got there the unit was outside in 10F weather and apparently already winterized). I likely won't be able to un-winterize until a day before our maiden trip so I'd like to get anything I need worked-out now.

Thanks ... Mark

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good morning. No I am sorry that is not the case, these two grey tanks are plumbed separate. You will have a grey tank in the front for your kitchen then the grey for the shower and sink in the lav towards the rear of the TT and the black tank right behind the lav grey tank.

Thank you,
    Jes
    Mailing & Shipping Address: Grand Design RV, Attn: Customer Support, 11356 CR 2, Middlebury, IN 46540
    Hours: Monday - Friday (8:00 am - 5:00 pm EST, closed holidays)

Contact us:
    - Call Customer Support (direct) at (574) 825-9679
    - Send a fax to (574) 825-9249
    - Or email: [email protected]

*For EMERGENCY or immediate assistance contact your RV dealer or GDRV Customer Support directly at (574) 825-9679 with your 17-digit RV VIN, name and phone number.*

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair enough ... Thanks.

I will buy an external 3" valve, then, and leave both grey valves open to allow both tanks to equalize, increasing my "time between dumps" when camping without a live sewer ... I suspect my rear (shower) tank will fill long before the front tank.

Cheers ... Mark

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sounds like what Jes is saying is that the two grey tanks are plumbed separately and have two different drain pipes at nearly opposite ends of the trailer. With separate exit plumbing the gate valve wouldn't work. At least that was my take on it.
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty PSD
    B&W Companion hitch
    Rubber turtle with no name

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good afternoon, Yes they are plumbed separately with a gate valves at each tank

Thank you,
    Jes
    Mailing & Shipping Address: Grand Design RV, Attn: Customer Support, 11356 CR 2, Middlebury, IN 46540
    Hours: Monday - Friday (8:00 am - 5:00 pm EST, closed holidays)

Contact us:
    - Call Customer Support (direct) at (574) 825-9679
    - Send a fax to (574) 825-9249
    - Or email: [email protected]

*For EMERGENCY or immediate assistance contact your RV dealer or GDRV Customer Support directly at (574) 825-9679 with your 17-digit RV VIN, name and phone number.*

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you do interconnect, make sure to close front grey before moving to dump station. Folks have reported lifting tongue up (to connect hitch) and all the front tank grey water came up in shower. About plumbing separate; my 2600rb has 2 gray wire pulls and 1 black wire pull however there is a single trailer dump connection.

Quote Originally Posted by mcsele View Post
    Fair enough ... Thanks.

I will buy an external 3" valve, then, and leave both grey valves open to allow both tanks to equalize, increasing my "time between dumps" when camping without a live sewer ... I suspect my rear (shower) tank will fill long before the front tank.

Cheers ... Mark
    2022 GD 2970RL (soon to be "released")
    2019 F350 Platinum, Shorter bed, Diesel, SRW, 3.55 rear, 55gal tank!
    2016 F150 Platinum (traded in for F350 fall 2019)
    2016 GD 2600rb (Sold)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wudwork View Post
    If you do interconnect, make sure to close front grey before moving to dump station. Folks have reported lifting tongue up (to connect hitch) and all the front tank grey water came up in shower. About plumbing separate; my 2600rb has 2 gray wire pulls and 1 black wire pull however there is a single trailer dump connection.
    My 2800BH has two grey valves, one per tank, which dump into a single 3" fitting so I intend to put an external gate valve onto that single fitting, close it, then open both grey valves to equalize between the tanks since they would now logically connect before that new external valve. Indeed, sounds like a good idea to dump them one at a time regardless but then again, the way I dump I would close both greys, dump the black first, then dump the greys to flush the hose. Good reminder, though, to close them before I move the unit to the dumper ... I could see a host of weirdness if they were both open when not parked level.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We put the gate vale on our 303 2 years ago and it does work. The bonus is when you dump you can have your hose hooked up before you open the valve. No more messes from residual fluids that may be in the tube.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    We put the gate vale on our 303 2 years ago and it does work. The bonus is when you dump you can have your hose hooked up before you open the valve. No more messes from residual fluids that may be in the tube.
    I saw a post a while back about doing this and liked it. On my Roo there would always be something to drip when I went to dump. Does having it on there make it stick out very much? I keep forgetting to look at our dump area to see.
    '12 Ford F150 Lariat Super Crew
    ’17 Imagine 2800BH
    Previous '13 Roo 21SS
    Previous ’98 Coleman Mesa
    2017 2016 2015 2014 2013
    Nights
    Camped
    18 7 21 18 26

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]