User Tag List

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Rob
    Iam looking at doing the same to my set up. Any chance you could email me your info on 303 suspention ideas. I was looking at the roadmaster slipper spring up grade don't know if it addresses the heavy drivers side.

Thanks
    Love reading your post a wealth of information.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wrongwayrver View Post
    Hi Rob
    Iam looking at doing the same to my set up. Any chance you could email me your info on 303 suspention ideas. I was looking at the roadmaster slipper spring up grade don't know if it addresses the heavy drivers side.

Thanks
    Love reading your post a wealth of information.
    Hi wrongwayrver,

You have picked up on a very old thread here . . .

I am always willing to share what I have learned. Some from personal experience and lots more from the incredible expertise on this forum. The slipper spring concept is an interesting alternative, but it will not address the fundamental weight difference side-to-side on the 303. This needs stronger springs on the heavy side.

The various iterations that we went through on 303 (and 337) suspension are all buried in many long threads on this forum. Make some popcorn, crack a beer . . . and enter key words into the search tool in the upper right corner. There is a lot to read !

If you want to take our discussion outside this forum, send me a private message with your email.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all been a while since I have looked at this forum. I have a 2015 27RL with about 30,000 miles on it. Up graded to Moryryde 4000 SRE Equalizer w stabilizer, converted to all wet bolts, ran OEM Westlake tires for about 12,000 miles and switched to Maxxis ST225/75R15 10 ply rated tires.

A few lessons learned.
    1. Full load weight measurement is the most important. And ....... per wheel if you can get it done. If you haven't weighed your rig you have no idea how much weight you are hauling and wether it is balanced across both axels.
    2. Load rig to balance weight as evenly as possible across both sides and all four tires. Yes fridge side is heavier when not loaded with all your stuff. Compensate for that difference when you load up.
    3. include any weight of liquids in holding and fresh water tanks in your added weight.
    4. Check tire cold pressure every mourning you are in transit. Check wheel lug nut torque every few days on extended trips.
    5. All suspension and axel work done at truck trailer repair shops. I have mine checked every year / bearings packed at local truck trailer repair shop. Its less expensive than dealer for sure. Bent an axel on one trip - pot hole. Took it to the nearest truck trailer repair shop and they took it in next day - 4 hours / $300 axel repaired and back on the road.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789