User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On a YouTube video about Norcold fridges the guy said the little fitting on the end of the drain is to trap a single water drop on the end to block the hot air from going up the tube and into the fridge. And I guess critters…

And great advice about bushing up the left door.
    Eddie, Cindy, n Maddie (our fearless Yorkie)
    2012 F-350 LWB 4x4 6.7 SRW C-cab with B&W Turnover + Companion pulling a 2017 307MKS Reflection

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jcschultz01 View Post
    Removing the door turned out to be easy. There is a black plastic molding on top of the door where the hinge should be - NOT the one you pull on. I pulled/pried (gently) and it came off.
    The top hinge then has what looks like a LARGE hex head bolt with a screwdriver slot. I used a crescent wrench to loosen it (couldn't figure out how to get a screwdriver in there) and then unscrewed it completely by hand supporting the dor to minimize pressure on the bolt. BE VERY CAREFUL!! There are only 2 or 3 threads on the bolt!!!

Must be cheaper that way???

Anyway, once the bolt is pulled out, simply lift the door off the bottom post. Not heavy.
    I slipped a washer, I happened to have a stainless one that was perfect, over the bottom post (sorry don't know the size but 1/4" hole maybe??).
    Put the door back on the post with washer in place. Align the bolt hol on top and reinstall the bolt on top CAREFULLY. Thread it by hand and then tightened it down a little (1/8 turn?) so it was snug. With 2-3 threads DON'T TORQUE IT.

Tested the door and it worked GREAT! Closed nicely and the seal WORKED without pulling it into place.

10 minutes tops for something that I thought was going to require replacing the refrigerator :-)
    This fridge is heading to my biggest POS ever list, the door seal, the drain kink & ridiculous energy consumption.

To add to the door seal fix, as noted remove the upper plastic cover @ the top of the door hinge. Rather than removing the bolt there are 5/16 self tapping screws, much easier to remove those & allows for a slight alignment tweak.

The top of the flapper goes into a guide that directs the flapper. My self tapping screws holes holding that into place were stripped. The guide was out of position & dragging the flapper, different holes in the guide with a better screw solved it.

After these fixes the fridge is barking down 30lbs of propane in 7-8 days....brutal!

I also have a thermometer in both parts that records hi/low temps. I'm learning it goes into a fake defrost cycle ever 48 hours & allows temps into the low 40'sF. I've seen higher.

What a POS.
    2022 Solitude 310GK, Factory option Include, Dual Pane Winders, Slide Toppers, Solar pacakge, Gen Prep, Pull Out Kitchen & Heat Pump
    Cheaters list so far Includes, Snap Pads, 2ea 200ah Smart Heated Lithium Batteries
    2014 Sierra 3500HD Duramax LWB SRW

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone found a source for that black cap/screen? I was cleaning ours, and it fell out into some gravel, my wife and I searched, but couldn't find it. There's a "generic" one on Amazon, but it doesn't fit. We tried contacting Norcold, they've been sold to Thetford, and they no longer offer parts. Their solution was to order through a local RV dealer, and they told us we need the entire hose assembly (we don't) for $35.

Seriously, this can't cost more than a dollar or two.

I'm about to go out there and use a rubberband to attach a patch of my wife's pantyhose.

Its only purpose is to prevent ants from crawling up into the fridge.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123