User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Basement Storage Door leaking - 337RLS

It's be raining a ton here in Grover Beach with high winds and tress down (Highway one closed for a while yesterday with down tree at train station). Lost power last night - power pole snapped.

I have been fighting a leak on the drivers/street side basement storage door on our Reflection 337RLS. It is the one with one section that opens up and the other section that opens to the side (toward front). Unfortunately, the wind is blowing the rain directly into these doors and I am getting water inside. I have repositioned the factory seal and added other weather stripping with limited success. Less water but still leaking.

BTW, before departing we had rain but no leaking so the wind is a major component. I also noted that based on how we are leveled on this site (slopes down toward front of 5th), there is water running off the roof and overflowing the gutter above the rear storage door (the one that opens up). I went on the roof and there was no blockage in the gutter but water remaining in this spot not flowing either to the rear or front drain spout. Adjusted the front left jack to get flow to the front.

Has anyone encountered this issue? All suggestions appreciated.

/ed
    Current;
    2017 Reflection 337LRS 5th with 2016 Silverado LTX 3500HD Duramax
    2019 Reflection 367BHS 5th permanent in RV park

Past;
    30' TH TT Weekend Warrior, 36' TH 5th Weekend Warrior (both with Ford F250 diesel)
    26' TT Shadow Cruiser, 30' TT Cougar (both with Ram 1500 5.7L Hemi)

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    One issue I had with my 337 was that the door itself was allowing water into the storage compartment. Around the edge of the door, there is a metal trim strip. The strip was not sealed with silicone and was allowing water to fill it up in a rain storm and some of that water would work its way into the compartment. You might try putting a small bead of silicone around this trim strip to make sure it's not filling up with rain water.

Jim

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, will check that too.

Checked on what I had yesterday before all the rain this morning. Appears it made a significant difference as no water but damp which just might be from the previous 3 days of rain.
    Current;

Past;
    30' TH TT Weekend Warrior, 36' TH 5th Weekend Warrior (both with Ford F250 diesel)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a similar issue with my Solitude shortly after delivery. The dealership put a drop of silicone on each of the screws on the bottom of the trim. According to them it's an issue with the Lippert baggage doors they experiencing frequently.

I have not had any more issues with water in the basement storage since the application of the silicone.
    Barb, Lyle and the 3 four-legged kids
    2015 Solitude 369RL #3521
    2018 Ford F350 DRW

“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had the same issues the first heavy rains after delivery. Putting a bead of silicone where the butt ends of the gaskets meet (at the bottom of the doors on ours), sealing the bottom screws with silicone, and slightly bending one of the lock tabs to make the door latch a little tighter resolved any and all problems. The basement has been dry for a year and a half, now.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never had a problem in the last two years cuz there was little to no rain to get in but now it's raining and I had water getting in around the latch catch. The installer didn't get the "gasket" on the bottom side of the catch plates just right and water was going under the plates and into the basement door frame and then onto the basement floor. A bead of silicon around the under side of the plates took care of it. Gonna do the screw heads for good measure.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great info, will be getting some clear caulking and going for it. Thanks all!
    Current;

Past;