User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    mandolin57

Re: Full timing in your Solitude

We're new to this also, but looking at Grand Designs to start full-time in about 3 years. We'd like to get ours this fall and have been looking closely at the Solitude 305RE. Does anyone know the difference in the 4 point leveling system versus the 6? Not sure what the main difference is, and the Reflection has the 4. From what I'm seeing however, the Solitude is built sturdier for full time? If anyone has some info that would help, we'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes the Solitude is built more for extended stay camping. I am not sure about the Reflection. The six point leveling system is suppose to be better for the frame because of the location of the leveling legs loated in front of and behind the axles. That is what I was told when I bought my Solitude. I have a Solitude and have stayed in it for long periods of time, and it performs very well. This year I have several long trips planned and will be living in my Solitude for pretty much all of the summer months and probably until Thanksgiving or so. Even when I camped in colder weather it was great. I am seriously considering going full time within the next year or so and feel the Solitude will meet my needs. It may be a good idea to ask the factory rep some of these questions also. They are very helpful and informative.

Debby - Stafford, Virginia
    2017 Grand Design Solitude ST374TH
    2012 GMC Denali 3500HD DRW

cuttinchief

Country did you see this in your warranty because I was told different because I specifically ask and was told that the extended means full timing because if any other wording with residential would be mobile homes and not RVs? I knew some makers specifically say full time use but hadn't seen it. Hopefully someone will come on from the factory and give us some clarification on the warranty?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I received the one year limited base warranty and three year limited structural warranty from Grand Design and it says under the structural warranty. "Misuse or negligent use, abuse, or accident, neglect, unauthorized alteration, failure to provide reasonable and necessary maintenance including reasonable periodic inspections of the recreational vehicle and structural components and/or use of the recreational vehicle for rental, business or commercial use or any other use other than to use the recreational vehicle only for personal and occasional use, and not for continual or permanent occupancy, shall each discharge the Warrantor from any obligation under this Warranty. The Structural Components in the recreational vehicle is designed for recreational and personal use." The way I read it, and I may be wrong is that anything other than personal occasional use voids the warranty. Please let me know if you think I am misreading this.
    Gary & Marie Rochester MN
    Nikki (Boston terrier)
    2014 Momentum 385TH
    2005 Ram 3500 5.9 diesel dually

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reflection has same wording verbatim.
    Dean and Cindy
    2014 337 RLS
    Firestone Ride - Rite Airbags
    Ford F-250 6.7 Diesel

CraigL

Last May my wife and I were looking at all the modular homes on the I-5 corridor with the intention of having one delivered and live in it at our park...made one stop at Everets and she had to look at the Solitude...we have been loving the unit ever since...being full timers...you cannot find a better layout...hydraulic leveling (for us old timers)...we take it on the road every couple of months...even went thru 80+ mph winds last week at Humbug mt. Park....got sandy and dirty but no leaks or discomfort...lounged and watched movies thru the 6 hour blow!!! We are old Motorhome owners....we would not even consider going back! Enjoy

Cruisin Camper

Hi,
    We are Laurie and JP - the Cruisin Camper. AS our name implies - we love to cruise and camp. We own a 369 RL (#191)and have had it since early May of last year and love it. We also plan on running away from it all very soon and the Solitude is just the rig to do it in. We have a private campground membership for our summers but looking at wandering the rest of the year. Looking forward to speaking with you all.

kevjones22

Questions/Advice please!

Anyone have problems this winter with the Grand Design? Im on a Fulltime RVing facebook Group and many many people have talked about problems with water freezing and keeping warm without going propane crazy.

Anyone feel like the fireplace works really great?
    Or water/pipe issues?

Also we already pull with an f30, but i will be getting MY (wife) vehicle in 4 years (waiting to pay cash) would a chevy 2500 pull fine short distances? I want a regular 1500, but would be willing to shell out the extra couple thousand, as a just in case vehicle if it would pull it if needed.

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The LP heat is the only way to keep everything from freezing....or use anti-freeze.

The fireplace does not provide heat where it is needed, under the living area.

Solitude also has the option for pad heated tanks, but water lines can still be affected.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

BennyJR

[quote author=huntr70 link=topic=60.msg2963#msg2963 date=1393327348]
    The LP heat is the only way to keep everything from freezing....or use anti-freeze.

The fireplace does not provide heat where it is needed, under the living area.

Solitude also has the option for pad heated tanks, but water lines can still be affected.
    [/quote]

Ok, so if we plan on full timing in our solitude say in Massachustts during the winter. What steps should we take to insure things dont freeze on us while we are at work?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast