User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    kevjones22

Re: Full timing in your Solitude

Ive heard of people, in other 40' 5er's, that say running 2 electric heaters keeps the whole place real warm.
    of course you have to watch where its plugged in at, and dont be running a lot of other stuff.

Anyone find that running their fireplace and another heater in under 40 degree weather was enough?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think running a heater and the fireplace would heat the underneath where all the plumbing is. I usually run the fireplace and keep the furnace at about 55 just to keep the pipes warm underneath. If it is cold enough you really have to use the propane furnace. I don't have the heat tapes on the tank but have never had them freeze the way I use the furnace and the fireplace. I don't use any additional electric heaters.

Debby - Stafford, Virginia
    2017 Grand Design Solitude ST374TH
    2012 GMC Denali 3500HD DRW

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote author=Twopeasinapod link=topic=60.msg2979#msg2979 date=1393346843]
    [quote author=huntr70 link=topic=60.msg2963#msg2963 date=1393327348]
    The LP heat is the only way to keep everything from freezing....or use anti-freeze.

The fireplace does not provide heat where it is needed, under the living area.

Solitude also has the option for pad heated tanks, but water lines can still be affected.
    [/quote]

I would set the thermostat lower when you leave, and turn it back up when you come back. The newer Dometic dual zone digital thermo is programmable.

That is one thing you will just have to deal with when full timing in colder climates, run the heater, and keep propane tanks filled.

Ok, so if we plan on full timing in our solitude say in Massachustts during the winter. What steps should we take to insure things dont freeze on us while we are at work?
    [/quote]
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123