Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

information from the service and warranty rep at Grand Design - various Q&A

Hi everyone, Just thought I'd share some information obtained by hubby in talking with the GD service and warranty rep:

First, this one answer is from the sales rep: The reason that Grand Design changed their published hitch weight ratings recently on the Solitude 310GK is they previously weighed the units with the propane and water tanks full. Now they weigh them with empty tanks.

Axle grease: Said they are VERY aware of the problem, says GD will handle the repairs through the dealers or mobile repair. He said that one exception though, if using a mobile repair company, GD won't cover the service charge (that's seems very wrong since it's a GD-Lippert problem.) Didn't have any specific information on the problem.

Air Conditioning: The Solitudes have Coleman AC units. They had a lot of complaints on the Dometics, and now very little complaint on the Coleman brand.

Andersen hitches: Said that GD will only cover any damage proven to be a result of the hitch for Reese brand hitches. If any damage is done caused by using an Andersen hitch, GD doesn't cover it. I guess this is where the Andersen hitch warranty comes into play.......but it makes me a little nervous.

Self adjusting brakes: Changed to SA brakes on all Solitudes beginning with September 2016 manufacturing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Mary for sharing that information
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Mary, good to know about the SA breaks and the Coleman AC units. Doing my PDI on Sat, will be checking the axles for grease.
    Pete & Carla Nelson
    2017 F-350, diesel, DRW, Lariat, 8' bed, Ford's TPMS, Furrion camera, Revolver X2 Tonneau Cover
    2017 Solitude 384GK, with dual pane windows, slide toppers, gen ready, heat pump.
    Added items: WiFiRanger EliteAC (external antenna), WiFiRanger GoAC (Router),
    Trailer Saver BD3 w/underbed adapter, Cheapheat system, Fantastic fan (bathroom), 50 Amp Hughes Auto Former w/surge protection, 5th wheel skirting.
    MoRryde independent suspension, 8k axle, disc breaks, Sailun S637 tires