Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Windows open when travelling

So we cant keep the crank out windows closed while we are towing. As hard as we crank them shut they open on their own while travelling. Have already replaced two operators that got damaged from the windows flapping in the breeze. Had to stop 6 times in 250 miles to crank them shut. Even tried 2 sided tape between the glass and window frame. I am afraid they will blow off and injure someone. Called Grand Design and they don't have any ideas. Has anyone else had this happen? I am thinking about some kind of latch on the window or something to keep the cranks from turning, It is only the side windows toward the front that are doing this. Solitude 374th
    Thanks

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is my second RV with frame less windows and haven't had this issue. However, I almost always have at least one of the ceiling vents cracked at least. During travel, pressure builds inside the unit. I wouldn't see it pushing windows open but I'm sure it's not helping your situation. Cracking a ceiling vent will alleviate some of the pressure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had both my front windows on my 2018 374th open up and basically "pop" straight out when driving down the road. I had someone at an RV place in TX help me get it set back on the C channel correctly, which was good since it then happened to the passenger side a few days later. Found out the little wheels that slide into the tracks have chipped away, but still feel like there should be some sort of locking mechanism or something to prevent this from happening. Has anyone seen any updates on this issue and what they did to fix it?