Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question for Those Running Sailun Tires

After my issue with Westlake tires I decided I wanted something better. After shopping around and reading various forum discussions and other reviews I ordered a set of Sailun S637 tires from Simpletire.com. They arrived today and are awesome looking. They are 14 ply, G Rated with a 75 mph speed rating. However, clearly marked on the sidewall is "Made in China". I know Sailun tires are from Canada and I thought I had read that these tires are actually made in Canada.

So a question for all you running Sailun S637 trailer tires, are they all made in China? Or is this something new as mine were made in the 46th week of 2016?
    Lyle & Cathy plus Boomer (English Lab)

2015 Grand Design Momentum 350M
    2016 RAM 3500 DRW Laramie Limited 4X4
    6.7 Cummins with Aisin Transmission

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bet they are all manufactured in China. We just bought a set of Goodyear Marathons for a dump trailer we own in our business and they say made in China. Sailuns have great reviews I am considering them as well.

What happened to your Westlakes if you don't mind me asking? I'm on the fence a bit as I've heard folks getting 30K out of Westlakes and I've heard other stories about them coming apart after a few hundred miles. I run a TPMS but don't want to take any chances. Thanks!
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We put 15,000 to 20,000 on our Westlakes before replacing them, due to a tread separation. We went with the Sailun's . I did a lot of research before buying them. All reviews I could find were good ones. All the ratings for them read like the Goodyears. Semi's have been using Sailun's for a number of years and they hold up well. I knew they were made in china but from everything I had read was favorable. We have about 2500 miles on them and they have been good to date.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a few thousand on ours and so far great tires and yes, made in China.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, I see they are made in Canada. I am not sure how I got it in my pea brain that they were actually made in Canada. That actually makes me feel okay. I bought them based on all the positive reviews. I was afraid they had changed manufacturing locations and I may have a completely different tire than all the reviews.

RV RUNNERS, my issue was last August when the tread came off my Westlake tire. It did about $2,500 dollars in damage to the trailer. The belts were still holding 80 psi so a TPMS would not have detected anything. I check air pressure and the tires everyday before I tow. All were fine that morning when we started out. I can't say what happened but it sure looked like a defective tire to me. The biggest pain of all of this is the time we were without our trailer. There were a lot of issues but the bottom line, we did not get our trailer back until the last week of December. We are now stuck in the Idaho snow. I hope to get the new tires on, dig out and head to Arizona in the next few weeks. I will feel a lot better running on the G Rated tires.

Thanks to all for the quick replies.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ID, check your first sentence typo. The primary distributor for Sailun is in Canada. Maybe that's where Canada came from.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We replaced the WestLake tires because one had taken a large bolt or piece of rebar through the tread and couldn't be repaired. Another had been worn prematurely on the outer shoulder of the tire due to a bent spindle courtesy Lippert. Neither issue was the fault of the WestLake tires. We decided to go for the peace of mind of load range G tires and put the Sailuns on 5,700 miles ago. They're doing great! I knew they were made in China but based the decision on availability, good reviews, and their history on big rigs.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ten thumbed it again JCR. I intended to type they are "not" Made in Canada. I can't even proofread my posts either. Thanks for pointing that out.

I can't wait to get the new tires on. Very happy to see all are pleased with their Sailun tires.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was one of the defenders with over 8,000 miles on my last 5er Westlakes. A trip to the dealers yesterday to pick up some stuff for our trip next week and service told me that the PDI on my traded in 5er they found a bubble around 4" across and about 1" high on the in side of one my E rated Westlakes. I dodged a bullet with that one.
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have used Greenball Towmaster SS tires before. They are "Special Summer" tires. The 205/75r15 tires are available in load range D, speed rating M (81mph), and are specifically designed for high temperatures. I had no issues with them on trips of more than 1800 miles in the summer. They are available by order through Discount Tire.

http://www.greenball.com/catalog/Spe...ler-Radial.pdf
    David and Tina Korn
    our 4 legged daughter Ellie (aka Demon child)
    Leander, Texas
    2017 Imagine 2650RK
    2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
    5.3, 3.43, 2WD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast