User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: A/C problem

AmandaEthan

A/C problem

We have the Reflection 303 model and have had problems with the A/c from day one. We just don't know why it is doing this...

When we have the main A/C vent closed so the air goes through the central air ducts throughout the camper, water stops dripping off the camper outside and starts dripping in the camper through the main vent on the A/C. If we open the main vent back up the water stops dripping inside and starts running off camper outside like its suppose to.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: A/C problem

Amanda, I'm not a HVAC Tech, but the first thing I would do is make sure air is coming out of all the vents when you have the main A/C vent closed. If not, there is probably a blockage some where in the line. That would let moisture build up at the A/C and cause it to drip at the source.

AmandaEthan

Thanks for the advice. We leave our camper at a campground year round mostly so we are away from our camper until next weekend but I did check all the vents that are reachable and they are fine. Next weekend I will try to check the other vents and see if that's the problem. With my husbands job he hasn't been able to go to our camper yet so I am trying to figure out this issue on my own and I don't know much! Lol

AmandaEthan

Checked all the vents last weekend, they are all good. Problem still there. I guess we will just have to contact the dealer.

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amanda

This is Bill Fenech with Grand Design. I'm sorry to hear about your A/C problems. Please let us know how we can assist you.

Happy travels,

Bill

AmandaEthan

Bill,

Thanks for your reply. We absolutely love our Reflection except for the A/C problem. Since the first day we brought it home and turned on A/C, after about 15-20 mins water just starts heavily dripping from the main vent on A/C all over floor and couch. The only way to get it to stop is open the main vent. The camper doesn't cool off very well when we just have to have the main vent open and the air not coming through the duct to other vents. Do we just need to contact dealer and see if they can fix it? I guess the warranty will cover this issue?

Thanks,
    Amanda

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amanda

It would be best to contact your dealer. Definitely under warranty.

Have a great weekend!

Bill

Ron S

The bedroom A/C on our 369RL needed to be replaced after it lost all of its Freon. Closing the vent on the LR unit kept us cool enough during the weekend. Replacement was handled by the dealer under the warranty.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Welcome to the forum Ron.

Site Sponsor
    Kerrville, TX RV parks through April 2020
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Late to this thread, but some good news as far as A/C performance. Our single A/C was working rotten today as the temp in Pagosa Springs, CO got over 90! We neglected to start A/C early, when we did the discharge temp by infrared gun was 70 degrees, Remembered from another thread the internal baffle plate separating cold discharge and hot return could have shifted so air blended. Took cover plate off and found plate in the wrong position. Shifted it so it was properly sealed and discharge temp is 39 degrees! Still believe 2 A/Cs is the best solution, but happier now, seeing as it is an Atwood unit with uncertain parts availability.
    AKA Steve and Lynne
    Storm the Black Lab
    Reflection 337 RLS vin 573FR3628E3300393
    2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab Longbox
    6.7 Cummins, 68 RFE transmission
    B and W Companion, Air Lifts