User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reflection 150 Series 5th Wheels

Is anyone looking at these or has anyone purchased one? We're looking at the 273 MK and would like some feedback on how others' like theirs.

Thanks,

Cliff

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're looking at the Reflection 150 Series 5Ws also. Would like to know more about how towable they are with half ton and three quarter ton trucks.
    Don
    Reflection 150 Series 295RL

2017 Ford F250, 6.7 Liter V8 Turbo Diesel, 4WD, Crew Cab, Short Bed, Tow Package, 440 HP, 925 lb/ft Torque, 15,400 lb Towing Capacity, Max Payload 2,250 lbs

Ecclesiastes 9:11 - I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've done some pretty extensive research on what my F150 can tow and I'm afraid I would be over max if I buy the 273MK. I'm going to look at it again over the weekend but am really concerned that it may be more than I can safely tow.
    You, on the other hand, likely are in much better shape. Do you have all of your TV numbers?
    2022 Ford F350 4x4 King Ranch dually
    gasser with speed transmission
    3.55 gears and pulling a 337 RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OSU Sig View Post
    I've done some pretty extensive research on what my F150 can tow and I'm afraid I would be over max if I buy the 273MK. I'm going to look at it again over the weekend but am really concerned that it may be more than I can safely tow.
    You, on the other hand, likely are in much better shape. Do you have all of your TV numbers?
    My TV can handle all but the 5W PIN weight. My limitation is 1500-1600 lbs. As I look at the Reflection 150 5Ws, it's hard for me to see how the PIN weight, when fully loaded, can fall within the limitations of most F150s or even F250s. Obviously, I don't own a Grand Design yet, but I'm having difficulty understanding how the manufacturer can advertise them as half-ton or three-quarter ton towable.
    Don
    Reflection 150 Series 295RL

2017 Ford F250, 6.7 Liter V8 Turbo Diesel, 4WD, Crew Cab, Short Bed, Tow Package, 440 HP, 925 lb/ft Torque, 15,400 lb Towing Capacity, Max Payload 2,250 lbs

Ecclesiastes 9:11 - I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We would have loved to go with either a 29RS or 150 Series 295RL, as these trailers were closer to what we were looking for. However, even with a new F150 HDPP truck and payload rating of 2,368 lbs we decided to go with a 230RL. This is mainly due to our lack of towing experience, and being paranoid about towing too heavy. Now that we have a little camping experience (4 trips), we are now thinking about making some "alterations" to the 230RL.

I did replace the articulating TV mount to provide more flexibility on TV viewing, but we are now thinking about moving the recliners from the rear of the trailer to where the U-shaped Dinette is located in the slide. If we do this, we would put Table/Chairs in the rear of the trailer for dining purposes. The only thing I am concerned about if we do this is that by moving the "heavy" recliners to the slide and effectively placing them closer to being over the axle, it could cause an increase in pin weight.
    Chad & Marisa (plus 7.5 lb Enzo!)
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 230RL
    2018 Ford F150 Lariat SuperCrew 3.5L Ecoboost
    - Heavy Duty Payload Package, Max Trailer Tow Package, 6.5' Bed, 18" Wheels
    - Demco Recon 21K Hitch, RetraxPRO MX Bed Cover

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regarding the recliners being moved, is there enough support in the slide out to support the recliners without being stressed?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OSU Sig - that IS the question. I am concerned moving the recliners to the slide would void the warranty, and I am not quite sure how to get an answer on this...

Anyone know how much the double recliners weigh? I'm thinking they are at least double the weight of the u-shaped Dinette.
    Chad & Marisa (plus 7.5 lb Enzo!)
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 230RL
    2018 Ford F150 Lariat SuperCrew 3.5L Ecoboost
    - Heavy Duty Payload Package, Max Trailer Tow Package, 6.5' Bed, 18" Wheels
    - Demco Recon 21K Hitch, RetraxPRO MX Bed Cover

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chad, I was at the GD dealership here in OKC today to take possession of my 230RL (more on that later) and had a discussion with a dealership employee who was explaining the service contract for the coach. He said the slide out was the one area that was temperamental and could have issues, which we all know, but it really hit me that changing the weight in that small area could be real problematic. I would have concerns until it was blessed by the factory.

As I said, I was there to take possession of my 230 but was unable to because I only had a personal check. I needed certified funds, I was told. It's not a big deal, my bank will wire the funds there tomorrow morning but I was not informed of this business practice until I was about to write the check. That was new to me. But, no biggie, I'll go pick it up in the morning, we'll get it outfitted tomorrow afternoon and we're off to Table Rock lake Wednesday for a road trip and shake down cruise. I want to see how my F150 handles the rig on the road. I'll post Wednesday night on how the trip went and again during or after the trip on how the coach performed. I really believe we are going to love this rig. My wife is extremely excited and that's a bit unusual for her. More later...

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info, Cliff. I will probably discuss moving the recliners with someone at GD before making a final decision. Also, understood about the payment. We were told in advance that we would need a cashiers check to finalize the transaction, which we handed over after the walk-through. They should have told you this. As for the shakedown, looking forward to hear about your experience - hopefully everything works like it should, and I think your wife will love the 230RL!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boy you gotta hope the new 150's aren't that fragile that you can't put a couple recliners in the slide. Not to get personal by any means but whats the load limit for the slide? What if you have two people weighing 250 lbs each? Or a couple recliners and a couple people weighing 150 and 130? Seems like GD should no how much weight the slide is engineered for.

Looking at the 273MK which seems to have the same U shaped dinette and fridge in it it says you can option a theater seating. Looks like the same size slide only reversed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast