User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DougW9876 View Post
    We were able to get on the road a little after noon today. We are now at the KOA in Jennings FL, right at the GA line. We have reservations in Opelaka AL until Sunday. When i called them he said if we need to stay longer it should be no problem so we will see what the conditions are at home before we decide for sure when to head back.

Traffic on I75 was not near as bad as I thought it would be. There were a couple of areas where it was slow for a few miles but that is not unusual on I75 anyway. Most of the time I just set the cruise on 65 and let her roll.
    Glad you're out of the danger zone and will be out of the storms path.
    I read where they opened Talladega Super Speedway for RVers.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been in hurricane world for 40 plus years. Lived on Space Coast in the military in the 80’s, saw several. Spent time in Tampa and experienced a few. Went to Biloxi MS and had our share all around. Slidell LA was a quiet time for storms. Then on to Houston where we have been involved in many. Was one of the first to be in NOLA after Katrina hit working for the FAA at the big airport. What a mess. Then we have been through a rash of them while in Houston, Ike being the worst to hit us directly.

Always stay away from the NE side of these storms. Get to the NW and West when evacuating.

NOLA was a mess after Katrina, but nobody will ever comprehend the damage to the Mississippi Gulf Coast from Katrina. They were on the NE side and took the brunt of the damage from that storm. From near Mobile to Pass Christian it was a total carnage. NOLA took the wind and levy damage, but Mississippi took the huge surge.

Good luck to you and I think you are in a great location. My son is staying in Tampa as he will be a first responder following the storm getting cell towers back to work.
    Randy and Kris

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12