User Tag List

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guess I will jump in here also. Have a 13 Ford, diesel with a 26 gal tank. Not much range pulling.
    I went with a Transfer Flow, Reverse L, that fits under my P/E roll back full metal cover. 37 gallons, Trax 2 Unit.
    I did not like pulling into station hooked up do to the cars, etc blocking you in, etc.
    I fill up before leaving Home and use a 10 mile/gal average for fuel. It is nice running a good 550 miles before needing fuel, or after pulling in for the night, then going to fuel up solo.
    I installed myself. Fairly easy. Comes down to want you want or need, how you want to travel, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bladders definitely fill up much quicker even than fuel stops with the stock tank but we find rest stops or just going into the trailer on an exit ramp are convenient. The bottom line, really, is that in our case, the aux tank is there for convenience, certainly not a necessity.
    Steve and Peggy
    Based in beautiful East Tennessee
    2016 Reflection 337RLS
    2017 Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4 CTD

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do like the convenience, and not worrying about fuel. Especially, if your low on fuel and get caught in traffic jam.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

26 is not enough at 11 mpg.

Amen, the 26 gallon stock leave a lot of pucker factor when off the interstates.
    2012 250. 6.7l

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found the 32 gallon tank my truck was equipped with marginally adequate when travelling in many parts of the more remote parts of the country, particularly the west. If you are travelling strictly on interstates and around larger towns, the 32-gallon would be ok. I went ahead and had a Titan 55-gallon replacement tank installed. I opted to not get a in-bed tank because I have a large toolbox and want the bed space.
    Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki (Our two Akitas)
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R
    2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn CC, TD, Aisin Tranny, DRW

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At a solid 13mpg towing, a 36 gal tank gives 416 mile range with a 4 gal (52 mile) reserve. 32 gal would be 364 mile range with same reserve. Marginal. I have a 36 gal tank and would love to put a larger tank, but I don't stray far enough off the beat & path to really need it. For those that do. 50 or 60 gal tank is a good plan as long as it doesn't impact weights too much (if you are close to limits).
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Is a stock 32 gal fuel tank adequate for a diesel?

Crybabies... My Superduty takes 20 gallons to fill it from empty. I’ve been carrying a 5 gallon diesel can in the bed for 2 years of full timing and I’ve only needed it once.
    I’ve towed 12,000 miles across 10 states, all out west and south, the “big states” in that time. I tow at 70 most places. Slow down if you need more range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just installed a 51 gal tank in my F-250. Now if I can just go somewhere.
    David & Kyrenda
    2010 Ford F-250 Diesel
    2019 Reflection 337rls
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    Crybabies... My Superduty takes 20 gallons to fill it from empty. I’ve been carrying a 5 gallon diesel can in the bed for 2 years of full timing and I’ve only needed it once.
    I’ve towed 12,000 miles across 10 states, all out west and south, the “big states” in that time. I tow at 70 most places. Slow down if you need more range.
    After our first trip of 4,000+ miles I decided my 34 gallon tank in my Dodge wasn't enough. There were several spots due to wind and grade that I was only getting 6MPG. I had to stop once and put in just over 4 gallons at $25 so that I knew I would make it to the next stop in an actual town. Yup, those 4+ gallons cost $5.99/gallon. With that problem in my mind plus a couple of stops where I wasn't 100% sure I'd be able to make it out of the station I decided to add an auxiliary tank was the way to go. This current trip was much easier knowing I could stop to fuel when and where I wanted. It was nice filling up in Lodi, CA and not again until I reached Kingman, AZ. While I'm willing to pay fuel taxes in any state I travel for road repair California taxed my patience. On our first trip out I saw that fuel prices were 60 to 80 cents more a gallon in SoCal. So being able to fill in Lodi and bypass the stations to the south saved me ~$50 on that one stretch of road.

So, yup one can travel with a small tank. Lots of folks do it. My view is I'm trying to relax and enjoy the trip as much as possible and having 800+ miles of range now removes one problem/concern that I have. So, if that makes me a crybaby then so be it. I'm a happy crybaby.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2018 Dodge 3500 DRW
    2019 Reflection 337RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramcneal View Post
    After our first trip of 4,000+ miles I decided my 34 gallon tank in my Dodge wasn't enough. There were several spots due to wind and grade that I was only getting 6MPG. I had to stop once and put in just over 4 gallons at $25 so that I knew I would make it to the next stop in an actual town. Yup, those 4+ gallons cost $5.99/gallon. With that problem in my mind plus a couple of stops where I wasn't 100% sure I'd be able to make it out of the station I decided to add an auxiliary tank was the way to go. This current trip was much easier knowing I could stop to fuel when and where I wanted. It was nice filling up in Lodi, CA and not again until I reached Kingman, AZ. While I'm willing to pay fuel taxes in any state I travel for road repair California taxed my patience. On our first trip out I saw that fuel prices were 60 to 80 cents more a gallon in SoCal. So being able to fill in Lodi and bypass the stations to the south saved me ~$50 on that one stretch of road.

So, yup one can travel with a small tank. Lots of folks do it. My view is I'm trying to relax and enjoy the trip as much as possible and having 800+ miles of range now removes one problem/concern that I have. So, if that makes me a crybaby then so be it. I'm a happy crybaby.
    Putting in an auxiliary tank is one of the best upgrades you can do. Especially if you have a tds fuel card. You can plan your trip out and find the best fuel prices. I save a ton of money this way. I have a tool/fuel box combo with a 60 gallon tank. I have been looking at the oem replacement tanks that go up to 60 gallons on a Ford. But I don't think I will go that route right now.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast