User Tag List

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ckreef View Post
    Who cares about spelling or grammar? I just want the answer to my question to help me solve my problem.

In many cases those with bad spelling and grammar have the better answers. Quit judging.....
    If you cannot be bothered, then why would I have any respect for your answer? Why would I trust an answer that was not well though out?

If your answer reads like nonsense that requires me to decipher your response then how is that helpful?

FWIW, I re-read and edited my simple answer several times, to make sure it was coherent and addressed your concerns.
    Last edited by Cahriad; 08-30-2020 at 09:36 PM. Reason: CLARITY!!
    Reflection 297RSTS 2018
    Ram 2500 Laramie 6.4 Hemi

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm starting to see a common thread in this thread. It seems that spelling and grammar are actually still important to many people. I'm one of them.
    I am not a grammar cop but like many here, I was raised by one. Also like many here, I usually called her Mom.

Reading this thread (on an RV forum of all places) I'm beginning to understand why these things are important to me and obviously many others. As a recent poster implied, it is at least in part about respect. When people communicate and the other person doesn't put in the effort to speak or write clearly it feels like the conversation or the person isn't important enough to bother. When we speak (or write) we communicate much more than just the words.

My grammar cop mother taught me other things as well. Along with "stop mumbling" and "what does uh huh mean?" she also said things like "stand up straight", "don't chew with with your mouth open", and "pick up your feet when you walk." These other things that she was teaching are called manners. I think that lazy sloppy speaking and writing is bad manners and that is actually what bothers people.

We all know that language changes over time. Words change meanings and the grammar rules change, but most of us can still understand something that was written a hundred years ago. However, in less than thirty years we have gone from complete sentences and coherent paragraphs to "what r u doin?" and "gr8." I think its just laziness and it's insulting to the language.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trivial things that annoy me on the site are just that and do not annoy me at all. I am able to move past the same question that is asked over and over again. I survive the tow police and the you will be sued and lose everything disciples. The many opinions here are great and supply endless information and humor. I enjoy 99% of all threads this one included. If I post and get in a hurry and mess up the grammar I apologize in advance. I like to say "no worries" later Frank
    Frank & Cindy --- S Class Solitude 2930RL-R ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed---Remi & Sage traveling Pomskies ---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500--Backflip MX4---48 days 2019---51 days camped 2020---***Payload 4394***

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never could spell. And the older I get the worse it gets. I try to do well but I often fail.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As long as it's clear what someone is trying to say, mistakes are fine, but when those mistakes are mine, it bothers me.
    2021 GD Reflection (150) 5th Wheel 268BH
    2019 F250 Gas 6.2L V8 FX4 Crew Cab
    PullRite 2100 20K Hitch w/ LOCKED OUT Turning Point
    2x Honda EU2200i Generators & 1UP Bike Rack & Roll-N-Lock Bed Cover
    Previous Setup:
    2017 Outdoors RV 23BHS
    2017 F150 Sport 3.5L V6 EcoBoost

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a lot to say, maybe more than I should. I'll start by relating a bit of my work experience. I was a repair technician for a large company. I was asked at one point to visit a sister plant to evaluate why their automated warehouse worked so much better than ours. It was all set up by an upper level secretary who was super sharp, I think she was miscast and should have been running the whole plant. In dealing with her I felt like such a peon, but it was me, not her. Turned out the other plant's warehouse didn't run better than ours,
    Their standards were just lower, nothing comparable about the two. I wrote a very detailed report, which went to the warehouse manager, one step down from the plant manager. I never heard from the manager which I thought was confusing and rude, but soon after I was promoted into an engineering group. Then a call out of the blue from the secretary asking how I was doing. I replied great, just got moved into an engineering group. She said "yes I know!" This was about 50 years ago, but I recently ran across the report while sorting stuff while moving. I didn't know I was capable of writing what I did.

I do think educational standards have slipped, so many young folks cannot express themselves without "like" every few words, and "you know" ad nauseum. No, I do NOT know, because you have not said anything! If you are in a job where you want to advance, try your best to communicate placing commas and apostrophes in appropriately. If looking for a job, do the same on your resume. To read someone's communication where a sentence never ends with the above that I have mentioned just makes the reader's head hurt. 'Nuff said for now.

"old" Tom
    2014 303 RLS
    2017 F450, Air suspension, Aluminum tow body, B&W hitch
    3rd family member - Labradoodle

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    J Maguire, I second that!
    Eric & Monique Cope...never left at home, our dog, Olive. Machipongo VA.
    2017 350M
    2017 F350 DRW, Crew cab, 8 ft bed, 4.10 axle. 27,500 lb. Reese Hitch
    Live by the Golden Rule!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sign of the times I guess. Texting abbreviated words, and new slang words, are finding there way into general speak, E-mails and writing in general. I guess "ya'll" are supposed to know and translate what these collection of letters and numbers mean. When the AA batteries in my keyboard get low, random characters or double letters get inserted into sentences so i have to proof read before "clicking" on post. Sometimes I have to go back and "edit" to correct spelling or grammar because my mind and thinking are sometimes running faster than my finders on the keyboard.

Oh well, in the world we live in todaay, if this is all I can find to complaain about, its been a good day.
    Last edited by Steven@147; 09-01-2020 at 07:20 AM. Reason: see my batts are getting low
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    some people have to much time on their hand if this is what they are concerned about

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No need to fret.

You might not realize it, but your brain is a code-cracking machine.

For emaxlpe, it deson’t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod aepapr, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pcale. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit pobelrm.

S1M1L4RLY, Y0UR M1ND 15 R34D1NG 7H15 4U70M471C4LLY W17H0U7 3V3N 7H1NK1NG 4B0U7 17.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast