User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zymurgist View Post
    First on your list should be a portable pellet smoker. Amazing meals at camp. Just my $0.02.
    I've got the GMG on my radar.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the biggest problem is that I'm using an impact driver (Screw gun in Ks) and it is just noisy. My old Dewalt that weighs a lot has a clutch but I think it is too old and doesnt work right. BTW Zymurgist, I'm going to look into the portable pellet smoker.
    Larry & Deb
    2022 Reflection 337 RLS
    2021 F350 Lariat SRW
    Eastern Ks.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought a Ryobi One drill for stabilizers, 1/2" impact wrench, and cordless vacuum (gets bugs that got in the trailer at night). the drill is nice and quiet and I have an impact wrench for lug nuts (and a wrecker bar in case). I mounted the charger in the basement (I have 2 batteries so one is always charging). Works great.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My very, very well used DeWalt 20v, with the 1.5Ah batteries just wasn't able to set my WD bars on the ProPride hitch anymore, although jacks were no problem. Obviously needed at least a replacement battery. But geez, the cost....found on Amazon set of 5Ah batteries, that included their big 20XR drill, for cheaper than two single batteries would cost. Pretty quiet. Batteries fit my older drill, too! One battery pack easily lasted through 14 hitch/unhitch cycles on this past trip. Only down side - that big drill will break arm bones if the clutch isn't adjusted first!
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here was what I did:

1 - Bought a cheap no name one off Amazon just for this purpose. It was quiet, but didn't have enough power.
    2 - Thought it was lack of voltage, bought a higher voltage one off Amazon, also cheap - Black and Decker. It was also quiet, but it didn't have enough power either.
    3 - Bought a new camper with power stabilizers. Problem solved, nice and quiet!
    Timmer
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 312BHTS
    2015 Ford F350, 6.2L Gas, Crew Cab

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmer View Post
    Here was what I did:

1 - Bought a cheap no name one off Amazon just for this purpose. It was quiet, but didn't have enough power.
    2 - Thought it was lack of voltage, bought a higher voltage one off Amazon, also cheap - Black and Decker. It was also quiet, but it didn't have enough power either.
    LOL nice! My kind of thinkin!
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmer View Post
    Here was what I did:

You have a great career ahead of you as a master problem solver.. LOL
    Larry & Deb
    2022 Reflection 337 RLS
    2021 F350 Lariat SRW
    Eastern Ks.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use two 18v DeWalt drill drivers (one per side-yes, we’re THAT lazy). As @powerscol says above-set the clutch to drilling (can’t miss the icon), then, lower the stabilizers to solidly meet your blocks. Give it one more manual twist before you pull the driver off it. After all, you’re not lifting the trailer and you should re-adjust them periodically due to settling anyway.
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also use the Milwaukee M12. I have other Milwauki tools. I have been very happy with them. Check out the various brands and stick to one. Each have so many useful tools using the same batteries. Same charger for each.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would get a Milwaukee driver drill that uses the same battery as your “screw gun”. Bare tools are pretty cheap.
    Last edited by Jennifer & Andrew; 11-11-2020 at 03:49 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast