User Tag List

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ours failed in the 2020 Solitude last year in Sept. and replaced it with a Flame King. Recall does not affect ours but seemed unusual that ours failed and have no root cause. Lucky we did not need LP for heat or refrig but. Seemed as if if was leaking around the body of the switchover housing - could smell a faint gas odor. Ordered one on Amazon and had it delivered to a local Amazon locker. Problem averted but could be an issue if someone was boon-docking, maybe carrying a spare is a good idea.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    2021 RAM 3500 MegaCab SWD Diesel 4x4
    SOLD --> 2020 Solitude 310GK

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimitedmatt View Post
    I'll be waiting to hear your conclusion. It will be interesting if they reimburse you without a drop test being done.
    Received the check from Grand Design reimbursing for service call, labor and parts.
    Allen & Brenda
    2018 GD Imagine TT 2500RL
    2018 Tundra Crew Max 4WD
    Equal-i-zer 10K

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone had any luck getting their regulator replaced. The vendor I am going through stated they are on a nation-wide backorder and it could be months before new ones are in. We are planning a trip in the beginning of October and on our last camping trip, the propane was definitely leaking from the regulator.
    Does anyone have a suggestion of a different regulator I could purchase to use instead of the the one they want to replace with the warranty?
    2019 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE
    2017 Ford Expedition

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Javadrinker View Post
    Has anyone had any luck getting their regulator replaced. The vendor I am going through stated they are on a nation-wide backorder and it could be months before new ones are in. We are planning a trip in the beginning of October and on our last camping trip, the propane was definitely leaking from the regulator.
    Does anyone have a suggestion of a different regulator I could purchase to use instead of the the one they want to replace with the warranty?
    They were in stock at my dealer, on Amazon, and at the local propane shop. The propane shop is who did my install and testing, and GDRV reimbursed. No wait, did it in the parking lot.

There are two listed in this thread, Flame King and Marshall Excelsior MEGR 253HP. I did the Marshall and GD cut a check.

I notice they are higher priced and tougher to get now. Recommend trying your local hardware stores / propane shops. Much less likely those stores were hit by RV folks. Where I lived last I would have gone to Ace, TS, or a local mom and pop shop (my first choice - and the best prices). Where I live now the closest is a locally owned propane service center. Most parts of the country you’ll have something like that near you. I’m in the same state as you right now, so if you’re Norfolk area I can point you to who I used.
    2022 Transcend Xplor 240ML
    2019 Imagine XLS 17MKE (sold 8/22)
    2017 Ford F-150 XLT 5.0 Fx4
    Blue Ox WDH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stealth,
    Thanks for the prompt response. I am in western VA, but appreciate the willingness to help out!
    We do have an ACE and NorthWest hardware around my area to try out. I just don't want to wait until the last minute to get the regulator replaced before our trip.
    I will check those out tomorrow and see if they have them.
    Thank you.
    2019 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE
    2017 Ford Expedition

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes,
    Mine was done during some warranty work I had done a couple of weeks ago. No issues getting a new one, but I’m in Canada, that might make a difference! I’m all good now, on that front…the fridge and converter are another story!
    Quote Originally Posted by Javadrinker View Post

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The local GDRV dealer is buried, however many Imagine owners are getting work done at a newly opened dealership, Woodys RV World in Abbotsford. Woody’s in Alberta is a GDRV dealer. I was there last week and there were three imagines lined up waiting for the propane tech. As noted maybe there are more units on the Canadian side of the border. It is my understanding that this recall is over 55,000 units of which some 6,600 are in Canada.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got my recall letter in July and called every GD dealer in upstate NY to get an appointment to have mine replaced. No parts available. No appointments available. So I've been looking to get a replacement from another supplier and have a mobile technician install it. So far I can't find the part I need.
    Doug, Patti and our puppy Leo are from upstate NY.
    Imagine 2019 XLS 18RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our mobile repair guy contacted Grand Design to see what could be used. He then ordered Marshall MEGR-253LP. He replaced the pigtails from the regulator to the bottle per the length that we needed for our RV and then performed the drop test. I hope this helps.
    Allen & Brenda
    2018 GD Imagine TT 2500RL
    2018 Tundra Crew Max 4WD
    Equal-i-zer 10K

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was planning to install a MEGR-253... but finding one at a reasonable price is not easy. Amazon has one. Its $110 for just the regulator, no bracket, no hoses. Plus installation. Not sure GD is going to reimburse me for that! What did you pay for one, installed? Did GD reimburse for the total cost?
    Last edited by Dadeo6472; 09-07-2021 at 04:42 PM. Reason: question added...
    Doug, Patti and our puppy Leo are from upstate NY.
    Imagine 2019 XLS 18RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast