User Tag List

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob&Vicki View Post
    Well, I just talked to GD customer service and they are going to take care of it. They are going to good will a set of 4400# axles and springs for our trailer! Can't say enough about customer service! And the dealer is to install the components. I will take the MORride equalizers and wet bolts along to have them installed at the same time. Thank you to all who helped!
    Rob,

That's great progress! If you don't mind, maybe you could post an update and details after the upgrades are complete. I'll be curious to hear if the new axles also mean new wheels and tires, how your ride height and tire clearance are affected, etc.
    Joe & Joy + children
    2018 Imagine 2800BH
    2022 F250 Crew Cab 4x4 Tremor, 7.3L V8
    Equal-i-zer 1,200/12,000 lb. hitch

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jw^2 family View Post
    Rob,

That's great progress! If you don't mind, maybe you could post an update and details after the upgrades are complete. I'll be curious to hear if the new axles also mean new wheels and tires, how your ride height and tire clearance are affected, etc.
    Definitely will give the results on the new axles and springs! Waiting to see what comes up with the tires and wheels. Rim size i believe are the same but 6 lug instead of 5. I'll have to check the tire rating on the ones I have. They are wearing really good and have around 11,000 miles on them.
    2020 Ford F350 6.7
    2018 2800BH Imagine
    And a couple of Polaris RMK snowmobiles :cool:

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely will give the results on the new axles and springs! Waiting to see what comes up with the tires and wheels. Rim size i believe are the same but 6 lug instead of 5. I'll have to check the tire rating on the ones I have. They are wearing really good and have around 11,000 miles on them.
    Hi Rob,

It wouldn’t be a bad thing to give whoever you are working with at GDRV, a gentle “reminder” that the axle change they have offered also includes a different wheel bolt pattern.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Hi Rob,

It wouldn’t be a bad thing to give whoever you are working with at GDRV, a gentle “reminder” that the axle change they have offered also includes a different wheel bolt pattern.

Rob
    Good idea! I'll do that next time I get a chance.
    Thank You Rob!
    2020 Ford F350 6.7
    2018 2800BH Imagine

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great results!!! Maybe GD can also provide you with a new GVWR sticker so everything matches up. Don't know if there would be any legal or insurance issues with loading up to #4400 axles capabilities.
    Pat&Marlene Gyrogearloose - 2010 Itasca Meridian 34y - 6.7 w/Allison 6spd - Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - previous Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any updates???
    2019 GMC 2500 HD Denali
    2021 Reflection 337RLS / EMS HW50C
    Reece 20K Goosebox
    Solid Step

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This has turned into a mess. We didn't have it in writing and they have gone back on replacing the axles and we have no proof of the promise of better axles. As far as the springs go, evidently they did agree with heavier springs, but due to an error from their parts dept. we did not get heavier springs. We kept trying to get this resolved, but they kept saying we got the right ones and we were to take take them to our dealer and they would install them at no cost to us. Our dealer kept telling us they were to replace with the same ones the trailer came with. We finally got in touch with Emily, who found the error, and currently the heavier springs are on their way. They should be here sometime later this week. We will be replacing them ourselves.
    2020 Ford F350 6.7
    2018 2800BH Imagine

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This has turned into a mess. We didn't have it in writing and they have gone back on replacing the axles and we have no proof of the promise of better axles. As far as the springs go, evidently they did agree with heavier springs, but due to an error from their parts dept. we did not get heavier springs. We kept trying to get this resolved, but they kept saying we got the right ones and we were to take take them to our dealer and they would install them at no cost to us. Our dealer kept telling us they were to replace with the same ones the trailer came with. We finally got in touch with Emily, who found the error, and currently the heavier springs are on their way. They should be here sometime later this week. We will be replacing them ourselves.
    So for those of us out here that are stuck with the sub-par 3500 lbs axles and springs, I'm wondering if GDRV is approving 4400 lb axle springs (2200 lb each) on the 3500 lb axles. Should I end up with flat springs again.
    Last edited by MidwestCamper; 01-27-2019 at 05:36 PM. Reason: More specific on spring description
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestCamper View Post
    So for those of us out here that are stuck with the sub-par 3500 lbs axles and springs, I'm wondering if GDRV is approving 4400 lb springs on the 3500 lb axles. Should I end up with flat springs again.
    Apparently they feel the axles are sufficient enough to handle the weight but are approving 2200 lbs springs. Disappointed it turned out this way but at least they have approved the springs. We will keep a close eye on the axles in case they start having issues. Since I have a full set of 1750 lbs pound springs I will install two 1750's on the street side as that side is only 2840 lbs. The curb side is 3360 lbs, almost to the max weight of the 1750's and that's with the trailer emptied out so I will put 2200 lbs on that side. At the same time I will put in wet bolts and MORryde equilizers plus check the ride height of the trailer and if need be, use spacers to lift trailer so the tires won't rub the underside.
    We are disappointed in the outcome regarding the axles as they are definitely to light. I was told by GDRV the reason for the heavier axles and springs on the 2019 is the slide mechanism is heavier but I pointed out the difference in uvw between my unit 2018 and the 2019 was only 48 lbs according the weight stickers on the trailer. And also told them the slide side wasn't the issue.
    I will say Emily was very helpful in resolving the spring issue of getting the wrong ones first and finally getting the right ones we needed. She was great to work with.
    We will get this trailer where we want it eventually!
    2020 Ford F350 6.7
    2018 2800BH Imagine

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently they feel the axles are sufficient enough to handle the weight but are approving 2200 lbs springs.
    Rob&Vicki,

If you don't mind, maybe you could post the part numbers for the 2,200-lb. springs and associated hardware that Grand Design sends you. Since we've already got the upgrade to rubberized equalizers, wet bolts, and heavy-duty shackles on the list of planned modifications, swapping out for stiffer leaf springs could be conveniently accomplished along with the other suspension work, and might be a good preventive measure to avoid the flat springs / rubbing tires that other Imagine owners have experienced.
    Joe & Joy + children
    2018 Imagine 2800BH
    2022 F250 Crew Cab 4x4 Tremor, 7.3L V8
    Equal-i-zer 1,200/12,000 lb. hitch

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast