User Tag List

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    People keep saying GM has issues but I have never read anything wrote up about it except for rumors. Everything I read talks about the Duramax being a great drive train. We have a 2015 Duramax with 60k miles and have not had 1 problem with it. It pulls great and does everything it is supposed to do. One thing I disliked with dodge was their mirrors. They stick out a mile and when going down a narrow lane I always felt like they were going to hit something.
    I love my GMC, but the fuel pumps were apparently an issue in the LML generation Duramax trucks - never experienced it personally, just what I have read. Of course not everyone would be impacted.
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GunDog View Post
    I have a 2019 F-350 SRW King Ranch with 20” tires and 5000 lb Air Lift Airbags. I use the Andersen Ultimate Hitch and I have 7-8 inches of clearance between the camper and the bed rails. The Solitude rides level with 30 lbs in the airbags. My bed rail measurements are center of the tailgate 60” rear corner 60” middle 59 1/4” front corner by cab 58 3/4”. My Solitude came with the MORyde pin box. I have never measured the height and probably should. I use 14’ as the minimum bridge height that I will go under. The F-450 is reported to be an inch lower that the F-350 King Ranch with 20” tires. I recommend the Andersen Ultimate Hitch. It has 3 ball height setting and I use the middle setting.
    Thanks for that information!
    I ordered a 25k B & W Companion hitch .
    I checked into suspensions/7k axles/disk brakes—Mor-Ryde in Oregon, they quoted 12k (ouch!)
    I am looking at NEW TPMS since F-450 only comes with trailer capability not truck, evidently due to heavy duty tires inner steel walls interfering with sensor signal?
    By the way, Dealer let me drive new 450 and my concerns about drive quality unloaded went away! A little stiff, but not bad at all, I was really encouraged! I drove for 1 1/2 hour on rough pavement, high speeds, dirt roads, curves, and still had a smile!
    Hoping I will take delivery mid March.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Upgraded from '16 F250 to '18 Ram 3500 dually. The ride is just as comfortable at the single wheel short wheel base F250. Pulls the 380FL very well, using an Anderson hitch.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went from a 2017 Nissan Titan XD (5.6L gas) to a 2021 F350 DRW 6.7L PS (Long Bed) and love it.

It is my daily driver, and not a bad ride with a few considerations:
    1) My Curt A25 Puck hitch stays in the truck unless I need to haul something big for an extra 187 lb (approx).
    2) I carry 4 buckets of sand (60 lb each) in front of the hitch (240 lb total).
    They are loosely tied to the hitch so they won't move in an emergency braking.
    If I get stuck (ice/snow), the sand will be valuable for traction.
    3) I installed a Pace Edwards Switchblade Tonneau Cover to keep my stuff out of sight and locked.
    It rolls forward into the box when I need to hook up the Solitude and has a very low profile so I don't have to worry about contact during tight turns.
    4) It has E rated tires (80 psi) and I ride 75 psi in the front, 70 psi in the rear, empty; 75 psi when towing the Solitude 375RES.
    5) Park in the north 40, use 4 spots, and enjoy the walk.

I even take it through the drive through at my bank for an occasional stress induced adrenalin rush, lol...

The Titan got 18 hwy mpg, and about 6.7 towing a Reflection 295RL with the 5.6L gas engine.

My F350 is getting 22 hwy mpg after the break in period.
    I got 12.4 hwy mpg towing the Reflection, and now I get 10.6 hwy mpg's towing the Solitude.

My 2 cents, get all the truck you can afford. You will be much happier in the long run!
    I learned that my all these "mentors" on this forum.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Pace Edwards Jackrabbit and love it. The can sometimes fills up with rain water and need to clean out the drains and I did freeze it up in Montana last year. You might want to check the air pressure rating on the tires for duels. Mine say say 65 psi duel and the door sticker says same. What axle ratio do you have? My 2018 has the 6 speed and 3.55. Might get 17 mpg solo.
    Lyle & Judy and Annie the Westie
    Retired (Government employee/USMC/USAFR, Ret) & Retired (insurance industry)
    2018 F-350 CC LB DRW 4X4 6.7 (3.55)(Reese 18k "puck system")
    2018 Solitude 310GK (5500 Onan Genset)
    2020 F-150 SCSB XLT 2.7L 10 speed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jumped from 2003 Ford Ranger to 2020 F450, no regrets...and smoother ride than the Ranger...and towing 2021 310GK up Rocky Mountains was a cruise control dream. Previous was a 21' Shasta bumper pull trailer pulled by Pontiac Bonneville - many years ago :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie1972 View Post
    Jumped from 2003 Ford Ranger to 2020 F450, no regrets...and smoother ride than the Ranger...and towing 2021 310GK up Rocky Mountains was a cruise control dream. Previous was a 21' Shasta bumper pull trailer pulled by Pontiac Bonneville - many years ago :-)
    Sounds like a nice rig...big difference from the Ranger I bet!!
    2018 Grand Design Solitude 377MBS

2017 Ford F-350 Lariat DRW...FX4...4.10's...White Gold/Caribou with Black interior. Curt Q20 hitch. BakFlip MX4

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dragonfly I just ordered a 2021 F-450 King Ranch to pull my 385 GK. I have a 2019 F-350 SWD King Ranch and decided to stop playing the weight guessing game to stay legal. The 2019 has a capacity of 3360 lbs and my last trip to the scale had the truck at 12,320 and the trailer axel at 11,500 lb. my pin weight was 3500. Surprisingly my rear axel weight was 7280 compared to a rating of 7200. I thought I would be over that by a few hundred pounds. I use the Andersen Ultimate Hitch and the 2019 has the 6.75 foot bed. I never test drove the F-450 but have read a lot of positive comments. Dual wheels and the 8 foot bed will take some getting use to. I saw your post and the similarities were unreal.
    Hey GunDog, have you heard anything about when you might take delivery of your 450 yet?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven’t heard a word. I would expect late March. How about you?
    2020 Solitude 385 GK R
    2019 F-350 Diesel King Ranch SRW
    Load Lifter 5000 lb Air Lift Airbags

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven’t heard a word. I would expect late March. How about you?
    I haven’t heard anything except after I kept asking for any news they told me it had been scheduled about 2 or 3 weeks ago but wouldn’t tell me the date it was scheduled.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast