User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Site Team
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    So, if I am reading your input correctly, you prefer the "Flat" structure of facebook type postings instead of sectioned areas for discussion?
    Chris
    Chris Tretta
    Albuquerque, NM

2013 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4 6.7L Cummins
    2019 Grand Design 385GK
    2014 Grand Design 369RL - Sold
    Class A CDL, Doubles/Triples, Hazmat and Tanker endorsements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope not. I like the areas designation. (Electrical, HVAC, etc.)
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    So, if I am reading your input correctly, you prefer the "Flat" structure of facebook type postings instead of sectioned areas for discussion?
    Chris
    Not me! Flatter, but definitely not flat. Not NO sections, just fewer sections.

Gone Traveling
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm new here but not new to RV'ing. I came here from the Heartland Owners Forum, the layout of which is pretty similar to this one. I had over 700 posts there, so I was a pretty active member. For some ideas, you may want to head over there as I think it's probably much larger than this one and has probably been around longer so it may have some stuff you find useful.

One if the things I liked was under the "Tools" tab, which contained the following areas:

HOT - Heartland Owners Treats (recipes)
    HOG - Heartland Owners Gallery
    HOP - Heartland Owners Position
    HUG - Heartland Users Guides
    HOM - Heartland Owners Manuals
    HOTEL - Heartland Owners Travel Emergency List

HUG and HOM were particularly useful to me. HUG especially contained user guides generated by members and Heartland on subjects like "How to Winterize Your Coach", "Heating & Cooling Guide", "Water Heater Use", etc. It was also useful to be able to access my Owners Manual on line easily.

Hope you find this useful.

Site Team
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Thanks Dick. I appreciate that. It is a staple, for sure. Them and Forest River are two of the best.
    Chris
    Chris Tretta
    Albuquerque, NM

2013 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4 6.7L Cummins
    2019 Grand Design 385GK
    2014 Grand Design 369RL - Sold
    Class A CDL, Doubles/Triples, Hazmat and Tanker endorsements

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm always a sucker for shiny new software, but the way Discourse does forums is pretty good. There can be categories, but they are not the main navigation method. When you login, you are presented with "unread" list in chronological order. The basic time listing is "infinite" so you can scroll to your heart's content looking for topics/threads to read. You can navigate within 2 clicks to a traditional category listing. I'm a big fan of no longer classifying data: just search for it. Gmail taught me not to waste time filing email into folders. Just search for the email you are looking for. I also appreciate Discourse in that one can search for 3 character strings (three letter acronyms (TLAs)).

On the other hand, I recognize how disruptive it can be to users when you change systems on them. This is I think especially true for users who are not in the tech industry (and used to frequent updates/changes).

Michael
    2017 Solitude 377MBS
    2018 Ram 2500 with diesel and air assist suspension.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am somewhat new to the Grand Design forum but have been a member of Forest River. What I like about FR is that once or twice a day I get an email with all new posts. I can quickly go thru that list that show a general content of the post and decide which one I am interested in. If none, I simply delete the email. Just recently signed up for about 8-10 Grand Design sections to be emailed to me daily. Now I get 10 plus emails a day. I have to open each email and open the new post to decide if I am interested in reading it. Then I have to delete each email as I go through them. Very cumbersome, unless there is a different way of doing it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to see an area for each floorplan with specific subcategories for each and then a separate area for general discussions and items.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not a section on positive dealer reviews? It would be good to read about dealers who provide good to exceptional sales and service. This would be restricted to positive reviews only. Not so much about price as it is about professional sales and service.

I for one would drive further to do business with an “All Star Dealer” especially since my experience has been awful.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ReiMan1776 View Post
    Why not a section on positive dealer reviews? It would be good to read about dealers who provide good to exceptional sales and service. This would be restricted to positive reviews only. Not so much about price as it is about professional sales and service.

I for one would drive further to do business with an “All Star Dealer” especially since my experience has been awful.
    This and was also thinking an area for reviews (not sales) for RV products in general.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast