User Tag List

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FR8TFLYER View Post
    Bottom line is they probably don’t care as they continue to sell units at near record pace. Sorry to hear you have had so many issues.
    I think the folks at GDRV customer service department care. However their overwhelmed. I feel the issue is trying to hold the worker on the line accountable. It’s a culture that needs to be rebuilt. I don’t know if the quality will improve without the workers being professional and proud of what they do.
    Having a third party inspection is a joke. Wanna save money? agree to pay that company by the volume of mistakes they find. That would really get some heads rolling; cause their certainly missing thousands of issues.
    Having said that, dealerships have some accountability here too. There are some shady ones out there. Just my opinion.
    2018 F-350 6.7L diesel SRW CCSB Lariat with OEM rolling tonneau
    Pullrite Superglide OE Series #2914, Titan 55Gal Tank(midship)
    2018 Momentum 354 M-Class no mods yet.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a list longer than the original posters 25 items when I first took my 297RSTS out.
    In the first year I brought the rig back to the dealer no less than 10 times, 105 miles each way.
    I was quietly told by someone in the dealership that a manufacturers defect list of between 25 and 50 line items is totally common.
    The last time I was at my dealer I was charged to repair items that had already been repaired multiple times, to the tune of $500, that's why I won't go back to the dealer.
    Now, time goes by and you get better and better at fixing things yourself.
    I think that's what the manufacturer and dealer would like from the beginning.
    When I joined this forum I had to agree that beating up on Grand Designs is not allowed.
    Right after the original posters opening post someone commented that it's a list of complaints.
    Implying that you are a complainer if you want the manufacturers defects that the rig shouldn't have been delivered with fixed.
    My wife and I also liked the look and detail of the rig, but mostly the floor plan. It's a great floor plan no one else makes.
    None of this is an excuse for the norm to be a list of manufacturers defects between 25 and 50 line items long more often than not on new rigs delivered.

OK,
    Rant over,
    I've vented.
    I just can't wait to hear that posting this isn't allowed.

Teddy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Onebadhawk View Post
    I had a list longer than the original posters 25 items when I first took my 297RSTS out.
    In the first year I brought the rig back to the dealer no less than 10 times, 105 miles each way.
    I was quietly told by someone in the dealership that a manufacturers defect list of between 25 and 50 line items is totally common.
    The last time I was at my dealer I was charged to repair items that had already been repaired multiple times, to the tune of $500, that's why I won't go back to the dealer.
    Now, time goes by and you get better and better at fixing things yourself.
    I think that's what the manufacturer and dealer would like from the beginning.
    When I joined this forum I had to agree that beating up on Grand Designs is not allowed.
    Right after the original posters opening post someone commented that it's a list of complaints.
    Implying that you are a complainer if you want the manufacturers defects that the rig shouldn't have been delivered with fixed.
    My wife and I also liked the look and detail of the rig, but mostly the floor plan. It's a great floor plan no one else makes.
    None of this is an excuse for the norm to be a list of manufacturers defects between 25 and 50 line items long more often than not on new rigs delivered.

OK,
    Rant over,
    I've vented.
    I just can't wait to hear that posting this isn't allowed.

Teddy
    Well I guess I won’t comment anymore in a negative way. I’ll simply talk about my feelings. If I need to explain my feelings then there just might be some unwanted comments WRT GDRV or the dealership from which it was bought. There also might be some happy feelings ( someday).
    2018 F-350 6.7L diesel SRW CCSB Lariat with OEM rolling tonneau
    Pullrite Superglide OE Series #2914, Titan 55Gal Tank(midship)
    2018 Momentum 354 M-Class no mods yet.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    .....��.....

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK... now you got me scared.... Hope to pick up my Reflection on Friday. Did the walk through twice. Nothing got fixed the first time, hopefully it will this time. The issues I found were small. But what will show up once it gets moving down the road? My rig is a 2019 but because someone purchased it then changed their mind on the day they were to pick it up. Story is that the wife saw something she liked better. Anyway because of that there is no warranty on most of the coach. A few things will have, like roof, tires, but the rest is on me.. I do hope my list of things wrong is not as long as I see here. Luckily I am fairly well skilled in RV repair. My downfall is refrigeration, the rest I can hopefully manage. Just a matter of the cost. We are looking forward to using the coach, we really like the layout. It will be our first TT.

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmert View Post
    OK... now you got me scared.... Hope to pick up my Reflection on Friday. Did the walk through twice. Nothing got fixed the first time, hopefully it will this time. The issues I found were small. But what will show up once it gets moving down the road? My rig is a 2019 but because someone purchased it then changed their mind on the day they were to pick it up. Story is that the wife saw something she liked better. Anyway because of that there is no warranty on most of the coach. A few things will have, like roof, tires, but the rest is on me.. I do hope my list of things wrong is not as long as I see here. Luckily I am fairly well skilled in RV repair. My downfall is refrigeration, the rest I can hopefully manage. Just a matter of the cost. We are looking forward to using the coach, we really like the layout. It will be our first TT.
    Not true! I bought my 2017 Momentum from a private party when it was six months used. I called the dealership and they told me the factory warranty is not transferrable. I called Grand Design and they told me that's not true and asked me for a copy of the Bill of Sale and the VIN number. The next day they confirmed that the factory warranty was now in my name and then they mailed it to me.

I would strongly suggest that you get that rig inspected by an RV Inspector that's certified through NRVIA (National RV Inspectors Assoc)..... https://nrvia.org/locate/

If it all shakes out OK and no other issues then call Grand Design directly and talk to them about the factory warranty. By the way, extended warranties are also transferrable.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JCZhome... thanks for that, I will look up Grand Design and see if They will do that for me.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PHMadness View Post
    I paid for an independent inspection before I picked our unit up. Best money I ever spent. He found a bunch of normal stuff, easy fixes. He also found that the roof wasn't properly sealed or stretched correctly. GD said BS, I said you can keep it, the General Manager of the dealership got involved and fixed the roof saying he'll get GD to cover it or he would eat it himself. Not sure if they stepped up or not.
    The unit was really not bad compared to others I have bought, other than the roof. I'm a big fan of my dealer now though.
    I’d bet half a ham sandwich, that if you’d found that roof defect AFTER you took ownership, your dealer would not of been so willing to replace that roof. Your’s is a great example of why it’s so important to do (or have an independent) PDI prior to exchanging money. It’s simply amazing how cooperative sellers can be to get your cash.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCZhome View Post
    "Accept" as in these issues that you mentioned should have been caught during the inspection process or by the dealership should have also been caught during your walk through. If you don't accept (take possession and pull it off of the dealership's lot) it until all issues are resolved, they will throw all kinds of man power at it, have parts shipped two day, etc. to get it all corrected and in your possession (and off of their books).

It's best to have a new or used RV inspected by an inspector that is certified through NRVIA (National RV Inspectors Assoc.)..... https://nrvia.org/locate/ It will cost you a few hundred bucks but I can assure you that neither the factory or the dealership has the man power to spend six or eight hours on every RV that comes on to their lot. And while Grand Design has far less issues on new units than the other mfgs. even they have issues once in awhile.

If you're ever in the Elkhart area be sure to tour Grand Design and then tour two or three other mfgs. and you'll quckly see that Grand Design is above the others in quality. For the record, I do not work for Grand Design nor do I personally know anybody that does. However, I have been doing the tours this past week and I have been to five Grand Design rallies along with other makes. Besides being an owner of Momentum 376TH, I am also a vendor and knowing what I know about RVs and what I've learned........I am very greatful to own a Grand Design.
    Sorry, but can’t agree. Just because Manufacturer “A” builds a less crappy RV then Manufacturer “B” or “C” doesn’t excuse “A” from the fact that their units are still crap. When we accept that premise, then we continue to enable and give tacit approval to the manufacturer that we are willing to accept poorly built RV’s.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minnow101 View Post
    Sorry, but can’t agree. Just because Manufacturer “A” builds a less crappy RV then Manufacturer “B” or “C” doesn’t excuse “A” from the fact that their units are still crap. When we accept that premise, then we continue to enable and give tacit approval to the manufacturer that we are willing to accept poorly built RV’s.
    Well, that's not what I said or meant......not at all. You might want to re-read it again.....and don't be so quick to skip over the second paragraph. Because Grand Design builds at a higher level doesn't mean that they're all problem free.....that's not what I said. Because mfg. A builds a less crappy RV than mfg. B or C is why you need to get an RV inspector that is certified! An RV Inspector that's certified by NRVIA is going to spend 6-8 hours going over most RVs and they've been trained and know what they're doing. I've never heard of anybody taking that long to do a PDI. There's a reason that it takes that long to do it.....there's a difference.

I've been in campgrounds and met people that have been camping for decades that do not know how to do a hot skin test or a propan leak down test (yes, on new rigs!) or even know what a manometer is, let alone have one in their tool box. Those are just two examples.....it goes way, way beyond that.
    Last edited by JCZhome; 08-22-2019 at 06:20 AM.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast