User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully you get it soon. We love ours so far, but I would go through and tighten all the water connections you can. First time out we had a huge water leak from the shower. Took it all apart and the hose was loose. I posted on the Facebook forums and another person had the exact same issue.
    2021 F350 6.7
    2021 Momentum 353G

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FWIW - dealers generally have no control over the schedule of the transporters they contract with. The dealership experience in the RV industry sours the majority of owners at one point or the other. Pretty much the name of the game is to buy from who will give you the best out the door deal because after-delivery support is non-existent.

Hope your timeline is met!
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We end up custom ordering a lot as opposed to being off the lot. Trucks, cars, tt. The date the dealer provides is just approximate. To many factors, variables. I'm actually surprised they gave you an exact date. Keep in mind that they also have to inspect and prep it. I know you must be anxiously waiting to take delivery, I would. But it might be a little on the dealer lot before they get around to it.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You cannot track a unit after it leaves Grand Design. They don't go to a "dealer's yard" for shipment. They go to a contracted transporter yard, where it then goes into a que for delivery.

I have no clue when a unit shows up until it physically is on my lot or a driver calls and says he has one coming.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    We end up custom ordering a lot as opposed to being off the lot. Trucks, cars, tt. The date the dealer provides is just approximate. To many factors, variables. I'm actually surprised they gave you an exact date. Keep in mind that they also have to inspect and prep it. I know you must be anxiously waiting to take delivery, I would. But it might be a little on the dealer lot before they get around to it.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Yep, I get it. A lot of things can happen. But the unit came off the line on the first and was delivered to the dealers transport contractor on the second. I just feel like They should be able to tell me at this point an “estimated” ETA.
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 HO Cummins
    2021 Momentum 353G

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    You cannot track a unit after it leaves Grand Design. They don't go to a "dealer's yard" for shipment. They go to a contracted transporter yard, where it then goes into a que for delivery.

I have no clue when a unit shows up until it physically is on my lot or a driver calls and says he has one coming.

I find that surprising. The transporter works for the dealership.(maybe not the local dealership). For example, If the unit is going to General, the transporter vendor works for general. To say that general has zero control over the transporter is BS or a really bad contract someone should be fired for signing.

On a third note.. The last vent was after a few drinks..... I am realistic and get that stuff happens and a specific date cant be locked in. for everyone else - Don’t drink and post.. haha
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 HO Cummins
    2021 Momentum 353G

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cclickva View Post
    I find that surprising. The transporter works for the dealership.(maybe not the local dealership). For example, If the unit is going to General, the transporter vendor works for general. To say that general has zero control over the transporter is BS or a really bad contract someone should be fired for signing.

On a third note.. The last vent was after a few drinks..... I am realistic and get that stuff happens and a specific date cant be locked in. for everyone else - Don’t drink and post.. haha
    I do not know the actual inner workings, but I strongly suspect that the "transport company" is really just/more of a broker. They get notice that a trailer is ready at Grand Design and is to be delivered to somewhere USA. A driver bids/picks up the contract, gets the trailer and delivers it, to some extent on their own schedule. Every notice how many different types of tow vehicles are used in trailer delivery? This is the lowest cost business model, and that is what drives the delivery industry (pun intended). If you want expedited or guarantied delivery, the price goes way up. Since the RV delivery industry is NOT set up for special delivery, "I will gladly paid for expedited delivery" is not even an option. It is all about the (lowest) cost, not the fastest or best delivery.

Just my opinion

Chris
    Last edited by CoChris; 03-06-2021 at 08:00 PM.
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use DPU (dealer pick up) but the drivers are not employed by my dealership. It is Indiana Transport, who is a large transport company.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don’t drink and post.. haha
    What's the fun in that????LOL.
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool RV transport Companies

Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post

With respect...if your paying for it....I would have thought you as the customer you would have the transporter company advise you when the pickup happened with follow up status reports in the delivery and an eta. Given today’s technology I would have thought this was a given.
    Sounds like barcodes are not used.

As an side....I am not sure I could be a rv transport driver...sleeping in my pick up and eating peanut sandwiches.

Mulligan

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast