Has anyone had a problem with their Schwintek slide not working well, thats the kind with the two rails mounted on each side of the slide? We've had our rig for 2.5 years and on our last trip our street side slide started acting funny, wouldn't go all the way out, had to do the "override" mode to get the slide to come back in. We noticed as the slide comes in, one end starts to slow down and then catches up again as the slide comes in the rest of the way. We tried the slide "realign" process; 10 times halfway out/back in and then all the way out. Now it sounds like it may be starting to skip gears as it moves in/out with intermittent loud noises. We've been told it may need a new controller or a new motor. I have not talked to Lippert directly about our newest problem. I was told by one repair service that Schwintek slides have been problematic....They also said Lippert/Schwintek have redesigned the slide because of problems like this, so they can no longer skip gears or misalign. I believe they have switched to floating side rails instead of being screwed onto the side of the slide.

We've got an appt in early May to get it repaired, but it's frustrating to say the least. After having the entire roof replaced twice, refrigerator replaced, hot water heater replaced, Kant Leak water panel replaced twice, recliners re-attached to the floor, gas regulator replaced, brake shoe came apart, curb side wire harness broke underneath, extend/retract switch broke, I feel like we may have a lemon. I know Grand Design is at the mercy of the quality of their vendors who supply the components, but I'm almost to the point of trading it in for something new.....In Grand Design's defense, I have to say that G.D. and their vendors have been very good about covering almost all of those repairs. I know RVs aren't built as well as a house and they take a lot of abuse bouncing down the highway; maybe I just needed to vent to someone.....

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

Paul