User Tag List

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dbronc1 View Post
    My wife and I just purchased our new 376TH and I have been concerned about the directv install. I have purchased 3 HD receivers from Winegard and the HD Tripod Dish setup with SWIM.

I saw your post on what appears to be a Momentum 376 TH and I can’t thank you enough for posting. I am still a little worried but the way you have your setup is the way I want mine configured also. Please let me know if you have any more tips. Thanks

Dave

I thank you for appreciating my post. Since you are not going to have the satellite mounted on top and are going to use a tripod dish you do not need to have the power booster mounted the way I do. It’s been a while since I’ve studied this but I do believe you can have the Genie and the power booster all mounted next to your main TV if you choose. There is a second option to connect all your RF cables to make it work that way. That option would be up to you which way you choose to go. You would still need to run an RF cable back to a central location to make all of your connections like the way I did. Remember that the way I mounted the power booster was to allow me the option to use my tri-pod whenever I was caught in a situation that the signal may be blocked by trees, etc.

With all that being said, I still believe the way I did it is the best overall option. This will allow you to upgrade and or make changes in the future. I still believe the way I did it is the best overall option. This will allow you to upgrade and/or make changes in the future.

Congratulations on your new purchase, and good luck with your install.
    Last edited by vonzoog; 02-28-2020 at 05:32 AM.
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Dually