Hello All,

Yesterday an interesting thing happened to me. I found out how well my TST TPMS system worked on my 5th wheel (80 PSI cold Tire Pressure, Westlake ST225/75R15 Radial Trailer Tire - Load Range E). We were camping in Cherokee, NC for the weekend and as we were pulling out of camp my TPMS sensor alarm went off for low pressure. The low pressure limit on the TPMS is set at 75 PSI. The tires on the passenger side both were reading 74 psi. The Drivers side was reading 78 psi. After thinking about it for a minute I fought my initial instinct to add air. Soon after I was on the road all tires were reading the same at 80 PSI. You see that morning the temperature was cooler than normal 59° F. The normal daytime temperatures for me have been over 90° F during the day. The drivers side of the camper was getting full morning sun and the passenger side was on the shaded side. So the problem was all related to the ambient temperatures. I would have had a big offset on pressures while driving if I would have added air to the passenger side tires. It just shows sometimes a problem is not a problem.