Quote Originally Posted by Canyonlight View Post
GDRV does not test the water system using water for new builds or "re-builds." Stay with me now........they don't use a different fluid either or do they have a top secret water testing weapon. I was going to say "high tech" secret water system but I knew you folks would see right through that.

They test the water system in the nearly 300 point pre-delivery factory PDI using an air pressure test. Hmmmm......well we know that approach will not catch potential water leaks because occasionally some owners do experience a water leak. We found out last spring after getting our walls replaced along with having a new water system panel installed. Yup, you guessed it, when we hooked up to city water we had a massive leak. Thank goodness we were at the GDRV factory campground. I called Val in the service center and seconds later there was a tech walking across the parking lot to our RV.

I shared that I was totally caught off guard and a little dis-appointed that our re-built RV had a massive water leak that I had to find. That's when he share that they only do a pressure test and not by using water from the pump or city hookups. I asked why an air pressure test would be fine but a water hook-up test would fail. I do not recall the answer that he gave. I suspect some of the much smarter folks on here can chime in and answer that.

Dan
And it wount catch it hot and cold is plumbed backwards...... lol