Quote Originally Posted by ThePearls View Post
My wife and I had decided on getting a Reflection 337RLS 5th Wheel.

I went to my local for dealer to purchase my tow vehicle.

2020 F350 Diesel SRW 4x4 Crew Cab 8ft box Lariat 18" All Terrain Tires with a GVWR of 12,400lb

They asked what was the weight of the 5th wheel we wanted to tow and I gave them the 14,000lb GVWR of the 337.

They spec'd out the truck on their Ford order tools and told me the truck would not be adequate and that I needed a DRW.

These are the numbers they used.

Occupants Weight 750lb
Tongue Weight (25% Hitch Factor) 3,500lb
Hitch Weight 200lb
Truck Curb Weight 8,000lb
-------
Gross Vehicle Weight 12,450lb

We are 50lb over the GVWR by their numbers. They said Ford recommends being 15% Under GVWR.

The dealer says they will sell me the truck but that I will need to sign a waiver saying they advised the truck was not adequate for the proposed trailer.

Based on 337 pin weights I've seen here on this forum, I think 3,500 is a bit high. I've seen one post that says 3,400lb but most are closer to 3,000. I also think 750lb is a bit high for occupants. For the most part, it's just myself & my wife and maybe a cooler. Ocassionally 2 grandchildren.

My thought is to go to another dealer and purchase the truck with no mention of a trailer. Unfortunately, all my wife heard was "unsaf
I know there are people towing 337's with various sized trucks. Some very undersized. How close to max payload is OK? Does it need to be 15% under?
I don't see your payload for the Lariat listed (need the # on door sticker) ... with all the options may be under 4000lbs ... that is the # you need to know ..... any 3500/350 will tow it but not all will carry it ... later Frank