I have a 2020 F-350 and bought a 2017-19 trailer camera/TPMS kit (2020 kits aren't readily available). I also got the larger Nichols valve stems and had those, along with the Ford TPMS sensors installed on my trailer tires. I then purchased the Nichols 2020 Ford harness so I can use my yaw sensor, TPMS and camera at the same time from the single 12 pin plug in my truck. Next, I had to use Forscan to get my danged truck to recognize the trailer TPMS module. So far, so good!

So, I finally have everything in place to get my truck to learn the TPMS sensors on my 5th wheel. With my 2019 truck and RV, this took 5 minutes. Let air out of the indicated tire, wait for honk, move to next tire. Rinse and repeat. No luck with this new truck. Tried it 20 times and gave up. I then purchased the Ford TPMS learning tool on Amazon with high hopes of success and getting this ridiculously lengthy process behind me. It worked on the first tire! I then moved to the second tire and that worked! WhooHoo! 3rd tire? No dice. I started over ten times and eventually used the tool on tires "out of order" just to see if the 3rd and 4th TPMS sensors worked. They did. After another hour of screwing around tire #2 would no longer activate. All the others worked fine.

I plan to bring the #2 tire to the Ford dealer tomorrow with low expectations that they will be able to help me - or even understand what I'm asking them to do.

So my question to anybody here who might know something about the Ford TPMS sensors - do you think the sensor was installed incorrectly in the tire or is the sensor bad or is the battery in the sensor dead?