User Tag List

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awning Lights Inop Went Not So Simple

Well my day has gone from simple to complex. During my monthly inspection I had extended the front awning out to inspect, but had to fight off the wasps that had built a nest inside the arm. It was armageddon fighting off the pests. Then I noticed our front awning end is pulling away from the sidewall right above the door. The screws are pulling out of the sidewall. Darn, Crap, Shoot, Ok so I need the molly rivets, I thought they had started using the rivets on the ends of the awning track not just screws. Well no they haven't.
    Then I noticed the awning lights do not work, well awning pulling away from the side wall, pulling on the wires, shorted, gotta find the fuse behind the convenience center panel. Remove AC power and disconnect the battery, kill all power to the RV.
    Took the screws out of the convenience panel but it wont come out away from the wall. You can not hank on it or a whole bunch of wires will come unplugged from the back of the panel. Then what!? Finesses, easy does it, work it out, NO go, convenience panel will not come out!

Took the cover panel off the power dist center, looked around in there. Nope cant see behind it. Oh crap noticed two hot wires in the terminal strip installed under screws but no insulation was stripped. They just tightened the screw down through the wire insulation. What do they go to? Refrigerator and Convenience Center panel. Now I'm getting a little heated! Ok removed the wires, stripped back the insulation, reinstalled and tightened. Inspect all other wires in the power dist panel. Everything else seems ok. Put the power dist cover back on.

Now back to TSing the awning lights and removing the convenience center panel, maybe if I remove the back closet wall that's just below, I can get access to the wiring and see what's holding up the convenience center from coming out. Got the back wall out of the closet, and this is what I find. Snarled up tangled mess. Pull on the convenience center panel, I see some of the wires move, but no go. Now I am really hot!
    All just to trouble shoot the awning lights! Came inside to cool down, got something cold to drink, write this rant, relax, before I go back out there and rip the sucker out of there!!!!
    No I'm not really going to do that, but I don't know how I'm going to get the convenience panel out of the wall so I can get behind it???!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2401.jpg  
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel