We've had our rig for 3 years and have stayed on top of the preventative maintenance during that time.

This morning while doing our pre-departure check I notice two protrusions about 3/4" in height on the joint lapping sealant/joint where the front cap meets the roof. Up to the roof I go to check what I'm seeing. It turns our two screws had worked their way out and punched through the dicor sealant. I was on the roof 2 weeks ago so I believe they had been loose but not visible for a while.

When we get back I go up to the roof to repair and notice a third screw beginning to work itself out or the dicor and I can see the screw heads through the dicor on all but one remaining screw.

Long story short every screw but one had loosened. removed the old dicor, re-tightened all, cleaned the area with mineral spirits and applied new lap sealant over the screw heads.

Very glad I caught this before the thunderstorms come in as I am confident water would have penetrated.

Moral of the story: Pay attention to your rig and fix the little things before they become a BIG thing.